First Few Days - To mix with formula or not to mix?

mrsred

Thanks ladies! Glad to know with perseverance, it's possible to overcome nipple confusion and latch + bottlefeed at the same time. :)

My bb is 5 weeks today, fully latching.

I also had a lot of problems with bf initially. Even extended my hospital stay for 1/2 day for getting more experience from the nurses before my mom n inlaw fussed me over bf. anyway, it was very hard. For abt 2 weeks i had sore, cracked even bleedy nipples. Applied lots of nipple cream. I screamed when my bb latched xos so painful, or gripped my hubby"/ hand or anything available.

Eventually, i found my best position when bf ing, by laying down beside my bb. Now all's well :)
Altho my inlaw still bugging me that my bb always looked hungry, he wasnt. Sometimes my bb overfed n got reflux of milk.. :( but still, bf is the best so far.

I also have a pump but seldom used leh.. V lazy >.< i pumped like once a day when bb missed a feed onli.. And got pathetic amount of 40-80ml for both breasts.. But somehow bb seems satisfied when latching so he'a still the best pump, yes.