first time mum

Hilton

Hi all,,
I got tested positive recently :Dancing_tongue:. When I checked with digital tester that shows number of weeks, it show 2-3 weeks. Some say it's a bit too early to go n check with gynae but I want to go and scan already.

Being a first timer, I am a bit worried about all the procedures and how to move on from here. I did go through this forum but still have a few questions that need advises from experienced mums..

- I think I will choose to deliver at KKH. Is it ok to consult with another gynae from different hospital at early stage?
- I tried searching for good gynae and found a few: Dr Goh Shen Li, Dr June Tan and Dr Regina Ng. Anyone tried with Dr Regina Ng? she has own clinic at Clementi. I can't seem to find in this forum about her.
- Has anyone tried " Maternity Package" from KKH before? How was it ?

Thanks in advance ! Happy New Year to all !

MommyLiz

Hi hilton,

congrats!!

1stly it is still ok to consult gynae from another hospital. But do take note that diff gynae have diff package n professional fees.

I recently had my consultations with my gynae who delivers my 1st baby. He used to be in KK but now have his own clinic n only delivers at private hospitals. At 1st I thought I can cope with his prof fees but just last month I realized I just can't. It was a difficult decision but in order to have a stress free situation on $$$ I decided to go back to Kk and my gynae recommended another gynae. Will be seeing him this mth. U can actually change gynae but up to 35 weeks of ur pregnancy. Coz by then u have to place the deposit.

kk has a maternity package . I'm seeing the new gynae at the private suite coz I'm taking b1 class. The gynae who is recommended by him is Dr Jeff Chan. If u want...will let u know again how is when I'm seeing him end mth.

Last edited:

ryanle

Hi hilton,

congrats!!

1stly it is still ok to consult gynae from another hospital. But do take note that diff gynae have diff package n professional fees.

I recently had my consultations with my gynae who delivers my 1st baby. He used to be in KK but now have his own clinic n only delivers at private hospitals. At 1st I thought I can cope with his prof fees but just last month I realized I just can't. It was a difficult decision but in order to have a stress free situation on $$$ I decided to go back to Kk and my gynae recommended another gynae. Will be seeing him this mth. U can actually change gynae but up to 35 weeks of ur pregnancy. Coz by then u have to place the deposit.

kk has a maternity package . I'm seeing the new gynae at the private suite coz I'm taking b1 class. The gynae who is recommended by him is Dr Jeff Chan. If u want...will let u know again how is when I'm seeing him end mth.
Yes, I need it too :D

Hi Hilton and Ryanle,
Congrats!! I delivered at KKH this Jan 2014. There is only delivery package. Consultations are by per visit basis, about $100 each time. My gynae is Dr Varsha. I think she is one of the most assuring doctors around. Very caring and calm. I was on subsidised class earlier and was too late to switch to the Private Suite. It was on the delivery date that KKH informed me that Dr Varsha had taken up my case.
If you choose to deliver at KKH, you may want to consider Dr Varsha. If at other private hospital, I would recommend Dr Wee Horng Yen. Dr Wee was previously from KKH too and he delivered my first baby.
Reach me at www.mommysg.com