First time mummy, EDD October 2013 :)

Clarbie

Hello! I'm a first time mummy and I got back my blood test results and doctor confirmed that i was 1 - 2 weeks pregnant on friday. He gave me folic acid to take every morning! My Period should be due on 14 Feb 2013.. But i read online that I should be 1 month pregnant by then..? Weird.. Anyway..
How early can i get a ultra scan? I heard that some gynaes will not see you until you are about 8 weeks pregnant as it cant detect anything also.. I'm planning to see Doctor CH Koh at Toa Payoh. And also, any mummies have tips for me? I'm really nervous, excited and afraid to do anything because I'm afraid i would harm the baby as they say first trimester is the most important.. My EDD should be in late October 2013.

Last edited:

Naangfaa

Hiiii!!

I'm new here too! Firstly congraaaatttss!:D I am seeing Dr. KT Tan at KKH private suite. Made an appt as soon as I tested positive coz she had been my gynae since I have had previous history of polyps and I wanted my pregnancy to be monitored right frm e start; didn't wanna take e risk.

Newae, when had my first ultra sound, ey could not see anything at all so they did a vaginal scan and saw a gestational sac. Dr. Tan said that I was less than 6 weeks preggy and if in e next 2 weeks we can't see a "bean", I'd probably had a m/c. So seeing her this thurs and it had been my toughest 2 weeks waiting for thurs to come!:(

So if U wanna have a scan at this early stage, be prepared mentally that U'll get to see only e sac coz heartbeat can only be heard at 6 weeks plus..will update U after my appt tis thurs. But juz to be on e safer side, go make an appt to see ur gynae!:cool:

Clarbie

Hello!! :)

Congratulations to you too!! :D I have a bad impression on KKH, my friend's gave birth there and told me not to go to KKH as they have really bad services. (I don't know about private gynaes in KKH though.) Good luck this Thursday for your scan! Don't worry too much, everything will be fine!

Sure.. Take care and thanks for your advises! :)

Naangfaa

Aaaannnyway, forgot to remind u to start.takig folic acid (for dvpt of brains and spine) plus fish oil too! I am taking NeuroGainPB from Guardian!

Plus, learn to relax..don't carry heavy stuffs and eat healthily! Basically U can carry on with your daily activities but avoid those that will stress ur tummy out!;)

sylviajemmy

First time mummy too! 5 weeks and 5 days. Had blood test n scan two days ago at KKH. The doctor scared me saying it may be an ectopic, next day nurse called and asked me back for a detail scan. So I went ahead today and nearly spent the whole day waiting for this and that. Everything is so slow. Now I'm searching for gynaes, definitely not going back to KKH. Most probable either Dr Lawrence Ang Or Dr Choo wan ling :)

koonieboo

Hi ladies! I'm new too. 5 weeks plus. Im still searching for my own gynaes. Totally got no idea where to begin and who to look for.

Luvia

Hi ladies, me first time mummy too. My EDD is 8 Oct so am into my 7th week now. I am going to Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ Clinic at Thomson Medical Centre. She is very popular and i can imagine why! She is such a nice lady and treats her patients with sincere care and concern. I enjoyed my session with her cos she shared all sorts of info and no question is deemed silly.

She delivered my beautiful nephew (2010) & niece (2012) so i definitely have faith in her.

seoitc

I am going to Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ Clinic at Thomson Medical Centre. She is very popular and i can imagine why!

Lovely26

Hi mommies, i had my scan for 2nd child at Mt E yesterday thinking i am 8 weeks preg based on my mense calculation but to my surprised, my gynae told me that i am 6 weeks preg based on the size of the fetus from the scan. I requested to detect heartbeat but she said not now until 2 weeks later when i go for 2nd scan. Did see the yolk sac to confirm m preg........kinda excited to see my lil cherry in 2 weeks time. O my edd shld b 9/Oct now.

lynntoh

First time mummy too! 5 weeks and 5 days. Had blood test n scan two days ago at KKH. The doctor scared me saying it may be an ectopic, next day nurse called and asked me back for a detail scan. So I went ahead today and nearly spent the whole day waiting for this and that. Everything is so slow. Now I'm searching for gynaes, definitely not going back to KKH. Most probable either Dr Lawrence Ang Or Dr Choo wan ling :)
Dont go to Dr Lawrence Ang. You wunt have a great exp over there =)

koonieboo

My friend recommended me to Dr Koh at TPY too! (after I have bad experience with another gynae)

Good luck to you!

Thanks ladies! I heard alot about Dr Koh and all are positive feedbacks. I can see Dr Jocelyn Wong is quite popular too. So i guess i will go check them out.
Thanks for all your help!

Luvia

I just went for a scan yesterday (7 weeks) cos I had my 3rd spotting and was getting really worried. Thankfully baby is at a healthy growth of 10mm & 176bpm so that's most reassuring. Dr Wong also did a thorough check to make sure there is no external factors resulting in the bleed and I appreciated that. So i had to be given a jab and up my dosage of Dydrogesterone and rest for the next 10 days. Guess baby just refuses to let mummy work ! hahaha

Clarbie

Hi all, Thanks for all the replies! Congratulations to all the mummies to be!

Quincy1985- I had some symptoms and i just had a feeling that i was pregnant, 2 weeks into the pregnancy is very early. I took a home pregnancy test and there was a faint line so i went for the blood test. =)

Longing for a nice and relaxing holiday but concerned about the travel risks?

There will be a 2 day 1 night retreat for mummies at our center. We will have practicing nurse/midwife from the top hospital in Singapore to brief mummies on antenatal knowledge during this retreat. Mummies can come together for some sharing, relaxation and peer support. Meals will be specially prepared for all pregnant mummies and it will be a good time to come relax, rejuvenate and enjoy your 'me-time' before your little bundle of joy arrives. Feel free to contact me if you need more information! :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

Xtinee

Hi not sure if you have been to CH Koh, I have a bad exp with him when i had my MC previously.
I had a threaten miscarriage and the only thing he told me was if you are younger like 20yrs old i can be sure that your bb will make it, but at your age (30+) or even 40+ the chances are lower. He keep repeating the same thing and i cant change my age !! Gave me a lot of stress and makes me depressed as i was on no pay leave bed rest for a month.....

Did hear a strong HB from my bb but when i asked him how many beats per sec, he mumbles and did not answer me, in the end I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks (BB stopped growing at 6weeks)

I know they have been seeing a lot of pregnancies and can grow numb, but at least comfort the poor women by saying its ok you can try again.........

Im preggy again now and seeing a new doctor, not sure if he is good but at least I feel comfortable seeing him, hope i will be well taken care of

Clarbie

I did not choose CH Koh in the end because of the long waiting hours.. I ended up choosing another gynae. Oh dear, sorry for your loss :( Congratulations for your current pregnancy! How many weeks along are you currently? You will be fine dear, don't worry too much now! =D

Xtinee

Im glad you did not choose him :Dancing_wub: i went to him after seeing good reviews on forums, and when you go, they will ask how you got to know them....

5wks +. Had a abdominal scan and saw the yoke sac :) going back 2 weeks later hope to hear a heart beat :)

Did you go for a scan? Remember to take your folic acid daily, lots of baby dust for you :001_302: