fish oil supplement

Charbabe

Hi,

Does ur gynae prescribe fish oil supplement to u when u r pregnant? From which trimester was it been prescribed? Iszt really helpful in e development of e brain of e fetus?

badtzzz

yes my gynae do recommend fish oil to me. Mine is frm the second trimester which is abt 5 mths onwards. I got no clue whether it's helps???????

Hi mummies! ya my gynae prescribe fish oil too because i told her i cant take fish at all throughout my pregnancy. kept vomitting after eating fish. i guess it helps ba due to the DHA n stuff?? should b good 4 their brain

lonerjas

Hi mummies! ya my gynae prescribe fish oil too because i told her i cant take fish at all throughout my pregnancy. kept vomitting after eating fish. i guess it helps ba due to the DHA n stuff?? should b good 4 their brain
i guess most gynae will prescirbe as it is really very gd for brian and eyes developement...

I dislike the fish oil cos after consume you will burp and the smell will rush up to my nose euuuu~! but still ok lah cos i used to it since is my 2nd preggy already

Lol.. that bad? hmm still ok lei, my burp. hahaha!!!! prob i dont know mus ask my hb. lol... i only rem the multi vitamin i took, make my mouth got the very vitamin taste! Eeee!

badtzzz

there's one brand that sinks when i open the bottle, i think is obmini..now my gynae had another brand and it's beta...

babylover

Hi all mums,

This is very interesting topic as I'm now also taking vitamin and fish from doctor's prescription. I'm 13 weeks pregnant now and still got morning sickness that make me vomit all the vitamin and fish oil i just taken. Just wanna ask if any of you experience the same and should I take another set of vitamin and fish oil again to compensate?

badtzzz

i had no problems taking all the vitamins and fish oil. Did you had problems taking milk products? Milk powder is good for mummies and they contains all the vitamins that we need. Try Seeking your gynae advise for other alternatives.

EnFlor

I watched an episode of Rachel Ray Show the other day. Interestingly, an author discovered that by eating fish oil supplement plus other food like chocolate, yoghurt, etc could excite the lady in reaching her big O in the bedroom. :shyxxx:

babystarlet

hi ladies, i have been taking omega-3 which is fish oil and i dun have any morning sickness or problems during my pregnancy.u all shld take fish oil as well as they are rich in DHA etc,good for baby's brain development.btw the fish-oil that i'm taking contains a lemon taste so even if the capsules broke,i cannot taste the fishy smell.

my friend had previously send me an newspaper article on why omega is good for preggy.if u ladies are keen to read,i can send u via email.
u can email me at xoxotweetgal@yahoo.com

Last edited:

snowmelon

Any idea where can I get either of this fish oil supplement? I do not see them at the pharmacies which i used to visit.
- Prolacta
- Nerogain
- EPAX
- Natacare

sweet pea

im still taking fish oil for pregnant and lactating women as my son is still breastfeeding. i bought nordic naturals organic fish oil at vitakids.

snowmelon

I noticed that there are several types of DHA from Nordic Naturals. There is only one the word (Prenatal) on the label. Can we take those which did not have the word "Prenatal"? I am not sure if there is any difference. The content look similar though..