Fish Oil

Rukia

Do anyone feel sleepy after taking fish oil? Whole day feeling very sleepy.

Anyway, my gynae only prescribed fish oil (cos I dont really eat fish) and folic acid for me. Which is good, as I not really keen in popping pills. :)
I am in my second trimester.

Dilys

Do anyone feel sleepy after taking fish oil? Whole day feeling very sleepy.

Anyway, my gynae only prescribed fish oil (cos I dont really eat fish) and folic acid for me. Which is good, as I not really keen in popping pills. :)
I am in my second trimester.
Hi rukia,

Fish oil doesn't make you feel sleepy. It's all cause of the hormones changes that why.

If u feel sleepy.. Try taking @ nite

I don't feel sleepy after taking fish oil. I am sleepy from the moment I wake up! :001_302:

i'm taking ProLacta with DHA. Meanwhile, my mum feeds me with fish soup, and i alway have a fish for my dinner whenever with her. I kinda hate fish now!

Turi

Hello Mommies!

I'm into my 14weeks now, just wondering it is a must to take fish oil? Which brand are you all taking is good?
My family has been using Nordic Natural fish oil. This fish oil is pharmaceutical grade. There a a few types, sardine, anchovies, cod liver based. Also come in a few form, liquid, soft gel (chewable or normal).

My kid's take the lemon soft gel type of arctic cod liver. Not sure if necessary for pregnancy. But fish oil is generally good for brain, mood, skin, etc.

Nordic is expensive if you buy from retail here. I know cheaper source if you are keen. You can search for their website for more info. Their flavored soft gel is really nice. You can burst the bubble, then chew the shell like a pastille. My kids like it

Snowgal

I took the fish oil prescribed by my doc. so far he has prescribed multi-vitamins and folic acid for my 1st trimester, and say i dont need to take folic acid in my 2nd trimester now. just take fish oil and multi-vitamins as prescribed.

and i hate the taste of fish oil, but for the sake of my baby, no choice...

i am 12 weeks+ into my pregnancy
my gyne also prescribe me fish oil, multi vit and calcium pills...
i agree with other mummies, if cost is not a issue. Do take the supplement.
try to get from the gyne even though it might cost more than pharmacy as those in the pharmacy might not be suitable for you...

i have very bad MS and hardly eat...lose about 3kg throughout my pregnancy however the scan so far show that my bb is healthy and bigger than normal... so i guess must be the supplement and also i have been drinking plenty of milk :)

felicity

same, my gynae prescribed multi vit and calcium. i told him i already hv folic acid so he didn't give me that. he also wanted to prescribe fish oil, but i don't like fish... and hv been on a vegetarian diet. he suggested that i buy my own flaxseed oil, which has same effect as fish oil.

Rukia

Anyone bought fish oil for pregnancy from pharmacy? I use to take the natal essential one from my gynae. But changed to another brand efamol cos the pharmacist recommended it to me. Anyone taking this as well? I think greenlife has a fishoil for pregnancy as well...

lizzy2101

Im taking fish oil from GNC called Child Life Prenatal DHA, i know its too early for me to take fish oil cos im only 8 weeks + preggy but i dont eat fish and doctor said it is fine.. :)

wendytan

same, my gynae prescribed multi vit and calcium. i told him i already hv folic acid so he didn't give me that. he also wanted to prescribe fish oil, but i don't like fish... and hv been on a vegetarian diet. he suggested that i buy my own flaxseed oil, which has same effect as fish oil.
Hi Felicity, maybe u can try o-seed from E Excel, vegetarian can eat it... If not u can try to eat more kiwi, as kiwi seed has lots of ALA which our body can transform it to DHA and EPA... More natural and healthy. :)

Ploy37

I take Nordic Naturals and Carlson's. Both are CLEAN from clean waters, and well purified to remove toxins...tested by third parties too. Of course talk to your dr. before taking anything but I think these brands are great!

PS!! LAST 2 DAYS FOR FREE SHIPPING TO SINGAPORE! I just received my box in about a week only!
$5-$10 off + free shipping on $40 with this link
. [FONT=&quot]http://www.iherb.com/Fish-Oil?rcode=wim426[/FONT]
This link is for fish oils but they have soo much more. Order under 4 US pounds for the free shipping. I got about 4 bottles of fish oil and several bottles of vitamins and tea for under this weight.

Last edited: