Flapping hands normal??

summertime

Hi mummies,

my bb about 11.5mths since last 1 or 2 month ago he started to flap his hands. He will do it when he is excited such as bring him out, see me . So basically when he is happy n excited he will do that. I quite worried if it relate to autism.
As for response to name called is not 100% all the time, maybe 60-70%. I'm not sure is it we as called him by nickname n is few nicknames . So now my family started to use 1 name calling him hopefully he will response more. These r the 2 things keep mi pretty stress up.

Does ur babies flap hands when excited, is it a norm thing?

Last edited:

lyra

I thought its normal. My baby flaps his hands all the time when he is excited, when he saw a person he loves or when the MRT zooms pass. He's 8 months.

Hi mummies,

my bb about 11.5mths since last 1 or 2 month ago he started to flap his hands. He will do it when he is excited such as bring him out, see me . So basically when he is happy n excited he will do that. I quite worried if it relate to autism.
As for response to name called is not 100% all the time, maybe 60-70%. I'm not sure is it we as called him by nickname n is few nicknames . So now my family started to use 1 name calling him hopefully he will response more. These r the 2 things keep mi pretty stress up.

Does ur babies flap hands when excited, is it a norm thing?

lynnliew

My son is 13 mths & he flaps & claps his hands or waves liek saying byebye or he will even kick his legs when hes excited.. i think its pretty normal especially when they cannot talk yet so alot of gestures....
Regarding autism...i think u can look at his eyes when you talk or play with him... does he focus on you or like living in his own world..?

summertime

Cos when I search the net some state is norm some say it early sign of ASD. I just wanna to verify is it typicAl child will flap hands. For eye contact n sociAl is there. Thank u for the replies.. At least stop the stress I have .. :)