Flu Jab

missblue18

Hello,

did anyone take the flu jab for ur baby?my girl is now 18mths and we;ll be travelling to europe soon the PD suggests tat i let her take the jab. should i?

i really hate jabs coz my girl will always get fever for 2-3days after each jab sigh she just had her 5in1 and had fever for 3 days. i still need to let her take her pneumoccocal 2nd jab in 2 weeks time. anyone's child same as mine?always get fever after jab?

trine

hi there,
i posted the same thread about flu jab some time ago, but my concern is not the fever but the sensitivity issue after the jab like when you get a flu, you won't get it that often but once you catch the virus, it's really really bad.. like what my friend experienced. well i dunno if she was unlucky to catch a really horrible strain that was not included in the vaccine or she was really sensitive. i am still considering a flu jab for my son too..

as our pedi told me, if you suspect that your child has reactions like fever after the very 1st jab, you might consider to have one vaccine at one time, rather than to have the 5 in 1. i did the same for my baby, now 10 months old, he's been getting jabs for every 2 weeks since he was 1 month old till 7 months old. apparently he showed reactions of the 1st and 2nd dosage of Hib - mild fever and crankiness but it went away the next day. i remember when he had the 2nd dose, pedi mentioned that he had a little phlegm but he should be alright to take vaccine. then he had fever afterwards. so i think you have to be sure your baby is very healthy before getting the jab if you suspect that she is a little unwell or pedi mentioned something like phlegm or other thing, hold off the jab and wait until she is really fit.

apollo

Hello,

did anyone take the flu jab for your baby?my girl is now 18mths and we;ll be travelling to europe soon the pediatrician suggests that i let her take the jab. should i?

i really hate jabs coz my girl will always get fever for 2-3days after each jab sigh she just had her 5in1 and had fever for 3 days. i still need to let her take her pneumoccocal 2nd jab in 2 weeks time. anyone's child same as mine?always get fever after jab?
yes i let ds took flu vaccines b4 we leave for KL. total 2 jabs, 1 mth interval. ds will get fever aft 5in1 and pneu so we let him take paracetamol aft the jab as advised by pd. but for flu jab, he told us dun let him take paracetamol 1st cos majority of babies will not get fever aft flu jab. and ds really didnt get any fever aft the 2 flu jabs. not to wry =)

missblue18

thanks ladies...in fact now she has recovered from fever but have phlegm so i'm holding off the pneu 2nd jab till end of the month...sigh we're leaving 14th oct so i'm really in a dilemma abt the flu jab, sounds scary abt getting stronger flu than normal if u really do get it.

apollo

thanks ladies...in fact now she has recovered from fever but have phlegm so i'm holding off the pneu 2nd jab till end of the month...sigh we're leaving 14th oct so i'm really in a dilemma about the flu jab, sounds scary about getting stronger flu than normal if you really do get it.
if ur baby cant get in time for the 2nd dose of flu jab, it's ok. can just take the 1st jab 1st. my pd told us can take 1st take, go overseas, come bk then take the 2nd one. at least better than nth. =)

ds still get flu once in awhile aft taking the flu jab but he recovers from flu v fast. unlike last time, he will nd abt 1 week to recover, but aft taking the jab, he just nd 1-2days max to recover from flu, sometimes only 1-2 doses of medi =)