Folic Acid

Aquarius

Hi,

I have read some of the preconception article lately to equip myself well before being conceived.

Find out that the mother-to-be must start to consume Folic Acid best before 3 months realized they have baby. Hence, I have approach doctor last Sat and get my journey start with taken Folic Acid and eat variety to get multi nutritious.

However, after much finding, I realize that the recommended Folic Acid is comsumable at 0.4mcg perday for non pregnant lady (pregnant lady may need more). But the doctor prescribe me is 5mg perday whereas is more suitable to anemia case (article shown) & the most worrying me is with high dose of the Folic Acid will be harmful for the mother and baby!

I am now in the dilemma and perhaps would like to listen to more mothers opinion on that.

Thanks a lot!

lulu

i've also been taking 5mg per day.
You'll not get overdosed by folic acid...the unused portion of the supplement will be passed on thru' your urine.
i've checked with 2 gynaes on this. some gynaes even prescribed 2x 5mg per day.

Yupz.. Yupz... I agree with lulu.. I bought my folic acid with a dietician... as my gynae folic acid makes me giddy... He also explain that to me....

Aquarius

Hi Lulu & Miko,

Appreciated your sharing. But Miko, why the gynae prescribe make you giddy whereas the dietician prescribe even more suit you?

I will definitely not conceive in these coming months (till May) due to my hubby is not with me. Hence, in this juncture, I am trying to find out more about preconception knowledge. This is why I get to know the Folic Acid is recommended to nonpregnant lady who wish to conceive and the tablets need to be taken in advance.

The doctor I approached last Sat is just a regular doctor that I used to visit. He is not a gynae. I am thinking to visit which gynae but to avoid any delay in taking Folic Acid, I have rush to this nearby doctor. Who's know, it has bring me to confusion of the correct dose taken!

There is a lot kind of folic acid in the market... Gynae also cannot explain.. He just say if not suitable then change to something else u suit.. SInce I am more comfortable after taking my dietician.. then i carry on.. I m taking folic acid c/w B12...

StarrySkies

hello all, im trying to trying to concieve , Dr gave me Florxine, i read online that recommended intake is at 400mcg while max is 1000mcg, but Florxine tablet is at 2500mcg ? so i guess its safe to continue ?