Food at Universal Studio

MsKoh1973

Got tickets to go USS this weekend, the TnC said no outside food allowed. Who went there before?

Any recommendation on the most "value meal" there?

How much roughly?

Thanks

knut29

I tabao food in before, and ate there without being chased off by the staff.. they didnt really check my bag too..

my husband paid for the meal so i cant advise the price.. but i know chicken rice set there cost around $10?

shopaholic

There is a cafeteria, somewhat like a foodcourt, self-service, but definitely more expensive than what an ordinary foodcourt normally charges. But still, it's one of the less expensive F&B places there.

There is a cafeteria, somewhat like a foodcourt, self-service, but definitely more expensive than what an ordinary foodcourt normally charges. But still, it's one of the less expensive F&B places there.
i ate at marty's in madagascar area. Air-con v nice and cool!
I chose a kid's meal for my kid, came in a woody woodpacker lunchbox with fish fingers and fries with orange juice. She loved it so much.
You can try mel's diner in hollywood area also. Like US diner.

ling.er

Went USs once b4.. As i also ate before i went in.. But after walking under HOT sun feel hungry.. So went to those CAKE shop/ dessert Shop look for ice cream.. waffle with 1 scoop cost $8++

Cannot brin sandwiches meh?? stuff in baby bag ^^

MsKoh1973

i ate at marty's in madagascar area. Air-con v nice and cool!
I chose a kid's meal for my kid, came in a woody woodpacker lunchbox with fish fingers and fries with orange juice. She loved it so much.
You can try mel's diner in hollywood area also. Like US diner.
is it expensive?

Went there before and they didn't "spot check" our belongings.
Bringing in sandwiches should be fine if you managed to hide them just in case you are in the "diligent hardworking gate keeper". haha...

A set meal at the restaurant opposite the mummy attraction is about S$14 with drink.
To cut cost, you might want to bring in mineral water.

Even during offpeak period, the tourist and park visitors are quite alot. as such, you might be in USS for at least 8 hours just to finish the kiddy attractions.

Got tickets to go USS this weekend, the TnC said no outside food allowed. Who went there before?

Any recommendation on the most "value meal" there?

How much roughly?

Thanks

MsKoh1973

thanks all, went y'sday, heavy rain till about after noon then can play the games cos we dun want the kids to get wet and most of the plays are not "water proof" and they dun allow rain coat for safety reasons. Think USS should try to do something about the "water proofing".

Ate the chicken rice, chicken meat + 1 bowl of rice + some bean sprouts and ah char + 1 soy bean pudding = $10.50, so 3 adults 3 kids = $10.50 X 6 = $63 wow. Din go to the food court outside cos raining too heavily and kids are too hungry. Though was there from 9 am (special opening for SMOU) to 9 pm, din manage to finish all the kids plays due to the rain and long Q (due to the SMOU event about 4,000 pp)

ling.er

Was planning to go tomo... worry it might rain as well ><"
Was plan to make sandwich n hide inside Son bag with diaper n milk powder to cover ^^ Hope it pass !!

MsKoh1973

tat day I went was becos my husband's Union got function, so v big crowd, they no check, my husband came in later (after he parked the car), said when he came in tat time, not so crowded, so they started to randomly chx.

tat day I put the bread roll and apple juice and milk in a ntuc plastic bag, then I put that bag at the bottom of the bag, on top of it, I put the kid's extra clothes and towels and raincoat and umbrella (better bring extra clothes cos if too hot, kid's clothes wet better change, and some activites may get wet too). So its not tat obvious even if they check, unless they pour out everything, but I dun think they will lah, cos its quite "impolite" if they chx their customers like tat.