Food for 15months old

lilcactus

Hi mummies,

My girl who is 15months old recently recovered from fever and cough. After which her appetite for her usual porridge and pasta has not been good. But if we feed her other things like rice she is ok. So now I am thinking what else is suitable for a 15months old baby? Cos sometimes when my mom feed her some nasi lemak and fried beehoon she likes it. I am ok with giving her to try, but I wonder if eat that too much will not be good for her. Any suggestions and advices? What are the other 15month old or so babies eating for their meals now? Care to share? Especially those who are placed in childcare during the day, what are the teachers there feeding your babies?

apollo

at 15mth old, ds was still having 'baby food'. rice, pasta, mee sua, porridge but all w/o seasonings except some homemade stocks. but at 15mths, we also slowly let him try out some outside foods. But only AFTER he finished his homecooked food then we let him try abit of outside foods. only at 18+mths den we once in awhile give him outside food to replace his homecooked food. IMO, it all depends on the parents when they wanna start to let their kids exposed to outside foods, as long as it is not as early as below 1yo, and not always, i think is still alright. I started letting ds try out those outside foods mainly is becos he was very fussy, dare not try any food at all except his usual menu. =)

pepperphibs

My 15 mth plus daughter is eating what i eat but i give her healthier things like vegetables, tofu and fish. Because of that, i also eat healthier. My baby didn't like the bottled baby food or the home made purees much. She only took cereal for a while.

Personally, i think its up to u to give what u think is right. It also depends on the baby

meiteoh

Eva eats whatever we eat - meaning rice, toast, noodles, steak, cooked vegetables, fish, etc, etc. Since she started solids, she has only had porridge less than 10 times. Most of the time, it was cereals and I started on pastas at 8 mths old. I stopped purees around 10-11 months except to use in thick creamy soups. Even then, I'd add toasted bread in them to act as croutons. At 12 mths, she was eating homemade pizzas, muffins, omelette (veg with some meat), pancakes, etc. You can see my mummy blog for more ideas on what to give your 15 mth old. Ideally, she should be eating more textured food like adults but minus the salt and sugar with minimal oil.