Food for a 1 year old in overseas??

Julin

Hi

Jus to check with mummies...

What kind of food you pack for your child during overseas??

I am bringing my 1 year old daughter to Hong Kong for the 1st time..

and will be there for 4 days.

Not sure what to bring for her food..
???

bdaygrl

Hi there!
I'm also bringing my 1 year old for a holiday for the first time soon. So nervous about whether she'll fuss during the journey and whether she can sleep well! I'll be bringing lots of jar food that she likes and cereal. Snacks like puffs, bread and biscuits also keep her entertained so I'll be carrying lots of those. Will just let her pinch on table food while we are there. She can return to her healthy porridge when she gets back. haha. Hope you have a great trip!

Julin

Thanks for sharing, bday girl...

I am also getting her cereals and milk for that 4 days.

Hope can fill her stomach through the holiday..keke.. (my daughter is a great eater..)

I got the earliest flight to HK so i suppose she will sleep in airplane for an hour or two..

and I bring along some toys and books to entertain her..

Enjoy your holiday too.. :001_302:

lilcactus

I brought my 1yo gal to KL for a 3D2N trip few weeks ago. I did bring some baby jar food to mix with plain porridge for her meals. But end up when I was there, I ordered kway teow soup for her dinner once (she loved it) and next day lunch i ordered fish porridge at a restaurant with instructions for less salt and seasonings. I also brought lots of her snacks for her to munch in the plane. Overall it was a very gd trip cos she gave me no problems. mummies, enjoy your trip!

diymummy

For breakfast, usually there is a buffet spread and there would be porridge so that's what I gave my son for breakfast. Lunch is sometimes bread or jarred food, dinner is cereal.

PTB7476

do you ladies feed your bb the food you eat at restaurant ? dunno about you ladies i find food in HK abit salty so no sure what to bring for my 13mths old to eat when we head there in Jan 2012

ggodetucsamoht

Alpha Male
when my elder was 1yr old, we brought her to Taiwan. 8 days free and easy trip and we brought along the steam boat gas stove and cook porride for her. We brought along alot of stuff like rice, some dry ingredients like ikan bilis, dry scallops etc.....
alot of stuff but it does help in some way.

bakaholic

Hk food is indeed very salty. I brought a travel cooker and some veg and rice/other grains to cook for my toddler son.
we found cod in a supermarket and i add that to his porridge.