Food intake & breastmilk quality

Gaill

I'm curious to find out if the food intake during breastfeeding determine or affect the quality of one's breastmilk and in turn affect the immunity of the infant?

Is the milk quality better if you eat good nutritious food versus if you eat fast food, tidbits, etc.? And will that increase / reduce your baby's immune system?

elaine01

I'm curious to find out if the food intake during breastfeeding determine or affect the quality of one's breastmilk and in turn affect the immunity of the infant?

Is the milk quality better if you eat good nutritious food versus if you eat fast food, tidbits, etc.? And will that increase / reduce your baby's immune system?
our diet dun affect the quality of our BM.

even mummies in 3rd world countries where hygiene is so poor can still produce quality BM to their babies. what do you think of spore?:001_302:

dawn

hihi, i don't particularly adopt any strict diet - just be moderate and not overdose, like on the caffeine, alcohol or sugars!

Interestingly though, when i cut down on the spicy stuff and chillies fr my diet, the acne-like reddish rash on my bb's forehead and cheeks disappeared .... could be a coincidence but i'm still consciously not to eat too spicy stuff as i'm fearful the rashes would come back!

my two cents' worth... :001_302:

Pink daisy

oso when I take coffee, my bb hv tendency to be more alert than usual, and believe it or not the milk tastes like coffee hee

Gaill

Thanks all, for sharing your experiences.

Reason why i asked was that my boy keeps falling sick! They say breastfed bbs are supposed to have better immune system, but since CNY till now, i've been to the doc's 6-7 times, and i'm beginning to question what's the point of breastfeeding? Doesn't seem to work...

I'm not breastfeeding anymore now coz supply dwindled but I breastfed him for almost 7 months! Surely, something good must come out of it, right?

meiying

im stil doin my confinement now and my mum cook alot of "heaty" food supposed to warm my body.. den my bb have alot of "eye shit" on his eyes few days after i was discharged from hosp.. dunno whether if he's heaty indirectly from me.. and also i heard my fren say her bb also cant slp when she drank coke! prob oso dependin on different bb...

wanted to ask if anyone drink beer while breastfeedin? if yes how much is the limit? or if drink alot but bottlefeed the pump out milk for the nxt meal and breastfeed aft 4-6hrs isit okie?

Gaill

Gee... dunno about beer though... i did drink wine during pregnancy and breastfeeding... but wine is supposedly "good alcohol"... so should be ok but my instincts tell me to stay off beer...

meiying

keke... cos tot of "big eat big drink" durin my bb full mth celebration but my mum told me not to drink cold drinks even though confinement period finish but its only the 28th day, not even 40th day.. so think i will also stay off in this way... though shd b okie stil dun risk the BM quality... :err:

Gee... dunno about beer though... i did drink wine during pregnancy and breastfeeding... but wine is supposedly "good alcohol"... so should be ok but my instincts tell me to stay off beer...