Food the pregnant can eat or should avoid

rainypink

Yes, it is ok to eat braed n butter because when i was in the hospital at tmc, they gave me bread with butter also. if its not safe, guess they wont offer it to the patients as breakfast and teac break during stay??

i want to ask if preggy can eat herbal chicken??
the yao cai ji??:tlaugh:

and one more question, if i order food catering now when im month 2 preggy, eat all the way for lunch n dinner, is it gonna be ok??

because the one im gonna order is packed in plastic container. im gonna order it for lunch n dinner thru out pregnancy.
anyone did just this and everything went well for pregnancy??

Last edited:

Yuki Miaka

hey, i share the same recipe too! i love onions with chilli padis n sardines! delicious lor! =)

drooling now, gonna go cook one now!

i like gassy drinks.. no gassy, i feel like no quench thirst liddat. sigh, but i curbing now lah.
yesterday, today no drink yet.

i think diet soft drinks better dont take. cuz got artificial sugars which i read aint that safe.

i wonder if sparkling ribena is ok?

I want to eat steamboat too leh but read that uncook meats aint safe for preggy woman.. so like if mix w uncook meats n food during .. dangerous?
any preggy eaten that before or many times yet nothing happen??

i find food hard to stomach recent days.
keep wanting to eat food im not supposed to eat. like "hum" mussles, half boil eggs..
can eat crabs???
i just had 2 steamboat meals in during chinese new year.... lol as long as make sure the food is cooked, it should be ok. always wait until the soup is boiling then start eating.. high temp will kill the microorganisms in the soup.. so still ok. just dun eat those half cooked meat or raw one will do.
i dun like gassy drink so i dun drink coke or 100 plus..
sardines i dun eat it without heating up... usually i will stirfry with chilipadi yummy... my mum bring one packet of chilipadi from hometown... so nice..

rainypink

is abalone safe? did u eat that when u steamboat??

i love abalone, still got few cans at home, dnt dare to eat..
i know i got alot of funny questions but i really no one to ask. dnt dare to tell anyone i know yet except hubby.
im like an orphan lah..

haha..so no one to go for advise.

my friends all no pregnant.
:001_302:

one more to add.. mutton soup?
chinese kind and indian kind?
both can?

Last edited:

hearty

is abalone safe? did u eat that when u steamboat??

i love abalone, still got few cans at home, dnt dare to eat..
i know i got alot of funny questions but i really no one to ask. dnt dare to tell anyone i know yet except hubby.
im like an orphan lah..

haha..so no one to go for advise.

my friends all no pregnant.
:001_302:

one more to add.. mutton soup?
chinese kind and indian kind?
both can?

I don't know if abalone is safe...but i ate a few small ones during chinese new year....but for sure shark's fins cannot

Some chinese believe if you eat lamb/mutton then the baby will become "not so smart" so i neva touch that...hehe

M&M

my mom and aunts told me not to eat mutton as bb will be hairy. beef is alright but make sure its totally cooked. ermmm.. they also say cannot eat the tentacles of squid/sotong/octopus as bb will get entangled by the umbilical cord.

read from books that sharks, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish and tuna are high in mercury which may lead to development delays and brain damage.

coffee/tea/coke can be taken just have to limit lo as they contains caffiene and will eat away the calcium which is very important for our bb's growth. i occassionally will steal a few sips but never a can.

all raw food should be avoided. :( i miss sashimi lo!!! already told my hubby that after confinement must bring me go wack on sashimi! hahahaha!

rainypink

haha.. mummies are so wei da leh.
because even after give birth, we still need to take care what we eat if we are to breast feed u know!

:we2Randy-git:

M&M

huh... breastfeeding also must watch wat we eat huh? i haven't start reading on that... i planned to breastfeed though cos its better for my bb. heard breastfeeding makes mommies slim faster too.. kekekeke.

rainypink

Ya. cuz the milk supply will pass nutrients to baby too ma.
it would be good if you avoid alcohol and stuffs..
if you had something good, it will also benefit for baby. :wong19:

i also plan to breastfeed. but A cup leh.:err:

Seems to me, not swollen enough to produce milk. haha.

i had chilli crabs yesterday.
craving for it again..
heard no raw food or half boil eggs. must be hard boiled.
but i craving for chawanmushi. =(
had one yesterday too.
chawanmushi can or not?
anyone had alot during pregnancy and ok??

im sick of sunny side up and hard boil egg, need chawan mushi to give me protein for baby.

:Dancing_wub:

sugarcookie

Ya. cuz the milk supply will pass nutrients to baby too ma.
it would be good if you avoid alcohol and stuffs..
if you had something good, it will also benefit for baby. :wong19:

i also plan to breastfeed. but A cup leh.:err:

Seems to me, not swollen enough to produce milk. haha.

i had chilli crabs yesterday.
craving for it again..
heard no raw food or half boil eggs. must be hard boiled.
but i craving for chawanmushi. =(
had one yesterday too.
chawanmushi can or not?
anyone had alot during pregnancy and ok??

im sick of sunny side up and hard boil egg, need chawan mushi to give me protein for baby.
I love chawanmushi! I ate a lot leh! Chawanmushi is completely steamed through so it should be considered totally cooked right?

rainypink

haha, you are the genuine pig already! you said you ate alot and nothing happen!!

yeah!! i can go eat chawanmushi!! tastes so much better than those normal eggs can!

im craving for mutton soups.. indian n chinese kind.. :embarrassed:

M&M

breastfeed can we still eat sashimi huh? i was hoping to go for sashimi and sushi marathon after birth lo...