Food the pregnant can eat or should avoid

rainypink

Hey, i read that sardines are gd for omega3 and i eat them without heating them up. is it ok?

i also like to eat spicy stuffs, sometimes adding lots of chilli padi(small chillies) to my food, is it ok too?

I am addicted to coke also. but have since try to curb and drink lesser, at most a can a day.

:Dancing_tongue:

jojoki

think coke a can a day is a lot too. cos coke has high sugar content.. not good for pregnant woman. plus the caffeine is also v bad esp if u r in 1st trimester. and 3rdly coke is very corrosive or acidic also not good!... if u can try cut out... or take diet coke.. like once a week....:)

rainypink

oh no, im dead.

no more coke for me. sparkling water can or not??

i wonder what is consider a good diet for pregnant?

i think im only abt 5 weeks?

drink milk everyday, take folic acid.. drink chicken essence..
but no see gynae yet. heard so early go. gynae also do nothing.right?

how i wish i got a list of food to et everyday, so no need to fret if i eating wrongly or not?

:embarrassed:

sugarcookie

rainypink, I think it is ok to eat sardines out of the can. In fact, I just did. Just make sure the can is not dented or rusty and the sardines have not expired. If you are worried, perhaps you could heat the sardines in a microwave or do a quick stir-fry?

Spicy food is fine as well but don't eat too much as it may cause you to feel bloated, especially in the later stages of pregnancy.

As for Coke, I am guilty of drinking it rather often...during the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy, it was the only thing that relieved my morning sickness. The key is moderation. A can a day does seem a bit too much. Maybe just drink a quarter a day?

rainypink

GULPS..
i really thought a can is considered ok leh! :eek:

cuz i used to take coke with every meal i eat n whenever im thirsty!

i read that being nauseous can mean that pregnancy is good n highly no complications. :)
so whenever i dont feel nauseous, i get worried. :( kind of like anticipating the queasiness feeling in the midst of the throat liddat.

haha, abit side track.. anyone give birth at tmc and kkh?

izzit the birth certificate look different and what details does it contains?

i was born in kkh, so was wondering if the way the details are being reflected are still the same now for the certificates?

does all certs eventually look the same and carrys the same details?

name, place, time, father, mother, address, citizenship, race, blood type.

:wong19:

Last edited:

veronica

I had very bad MS during my 1st tri, cannot drink anything like plain water or milk. My gynae was quite concerned cos she worried I would be dehydrated. So she encouraged me to take coke if i feel like. I always shared with my colleague so the most is half glass, 2 or 3 times a week.

You can also take 100plus if you want the "gas" feeling. My gynae said they are all ok just like wat others said, take it moderately. Anyway I usually cannot finish one can by myself...

hearty

I personally like to eat sardines with some chopped onions and chilipadi plus some lime juice, so I normally heat up everything.

I guess it's ok to eat chilipadi as long as your stomach can take it and you don't feel sick after that. Just don't overdo it.

I do not crave for any soft drinks. Instead, I'm addicted to nescafe with coffee mate but I limit myself to max 1 small cup a day, if can I would skip. I'm not drinking any soft drinks...saving all the caffeine allowance on coffee :) I don't know whether diet coke is a good replacement because it contains artificial sugar/sweetener in it?

What else cannot be eaten....my grandma kept reminding me to avoid pineapple, watermelon, unripe banana and jackfruit.

rainypink

hey, i share the same recipe too! i love onions with chilli padis n sardines! delicious lor! =)

drooling now, gonna go cook one now!

i like gassy drinks.. no gassy, i feel like no quench thirst liddat. sigh, but i curbing now lah.
yesterday, today no drink yet.

i think diet soft drinks better dont take. cuz got artificial sugars which i read aint that safe.

i wonder if sparkling ribena is ok?

I want to eat steamboat too leh but read that uncook meats aint safe for preggy woman.. so like if mix w uncook meats n food during .. dangerous?
any preggy eaten that before or many times yet nothing happen??

i find food hard to stomach recent days.
keep wanting to eat food im not supposed to eat. like "hum" mussles, half boil eggs..
can eat crabs???

Last edited:

hearty

i wonder if sparkling ribena is ok?

I want to eat steamboat too leh but read that uncook meats aint safe for preggy woman.. so like if mix w uncook meats n food during .. dangerous?
any preggy eaten that before or many times yet nothing happen??

i find food hard to stomach recent days.
keep wanting to eat food im not supposed to eat. like "hum" mussles, half boil eggs..
can eat crabs???

I've read before drinking ribena gives your baby rosy cheeks...is that true?
Ribena should be ok but not Ribena Light as it contains artificial sweeteners...i don't know about sparkling one.

Crab can eat but not too much, hum also i heard people eat esp Malays...bu xue?

Eva056

This is very general question rise in our mind that which food we eat or which food we avoid to eat.
but i suggest every pregnant women that she care herself for your baby.you take fishes,eggs,vitamins,proteins,Carbohydrates(daily energy production),Calcium(strong bones and teeth, muscle contraction, nerve function),Iron(red blood cell production) ,Fat(body energy stores).
In pregnancy you avoid alcohol,much vitamin A,Oily fish is nice for your health but in limit because it contains pollutants that is harmful for pregnant women. so avoid it.

forbearing

I've read before drinking ribena gives your baby rosy cheeks...is that true?
Ribena should be ok but not Ribena Light as it contains artificial sweeteners...i don't know about sparkling one.

Crab can eat but not too much, hum also i heard people eat esp Malays...bu xue?

really? ribena gives baby rosy cheeks? oh my god!
i will drink that everyday man~ :wong29:

rainypink

cancan ma, thats why can!
haha.
I know certain fishes are not safe during pregnancy..
i read that limit to no more than 2 servings per week.
But if take everyday, dangerous ma?
anyone took, now healthy pregnancy?

I like to eat cod fish alot, like to steam it with sour plums n chilli padi. =)

i heard that dried scallops is better than fresh scallops nutrition wise. dunno how true leh.
anyone?

CanCanMum

cancan ma, thats why can!
haha.
I know certain fishes are not safe during pregnancy..
i read that limit to no more than 2 servings per week.
But if take everyday, dangerous ma?
anyone took, now healthy pregnancy?

I like to eat cod fish alot, like to steam it with sour plums n chilli padi. =)

i heard that dried scallops is better than fresh scallops nutrition wise. dunno how true leh.
anyone?
whahahahahha....can.can....whahahhaha

wad fish cannot take???

i like cod fish oso (teriyaki style)....salmon too....and dory fish and all kinds....eel = unagi i oso take but heard it contains mercury not too good if take too much.

cod fish is good becoz of omega 3 and cod liver oil is from cod fish oso...so? its definitely good ~ hey.

fresh scallops definitely tastes better! But here can get fresh ones meh? All frozen mah....dried ones are good for soup and porridge.

Jovyna

i stop myself from drinking coke the moment i noe i'm pregnant which is when i'm about 4weeks... i ate alot more meats and vegetables... my mum and grandma keep on asking me to eat fish but i only ate abit as i dun really like fish alot...