Food to avoid when bf - esp if want to prevent colic

lyra

No problem :)
Oh yes, when baby's teething, his latch becomes not so gd. Maybe because he feels uncomfortable at his gums. He will either try to suckle more to relieve the pain or he will refuse to suckle. My baby chose the former. I feel some pain due to abrasion at the nipple but his discomfort only last a few days he went back to normal.

when he has teeth, he doesn't know how to deal with them yet so he bite me several times, he also bite when he doesn't want to drink milk anymore. So take care to notice when he does not want milk anymore and unlatch before he tries to bite. Tell him firmly "no biting mummy!" but don't shout as that will scare baby n he will go on a nursing strike which means he will refuse to suck milk for few days. Usually when u raise ur voice or pull away, baby will release n not bite. We only need to pinch his nose if baby bite n refuse to release. Coz if he can't breathe, he will open his mouth to breathe n release.

I was fearful of his teething n bites before it happened but actually the bite isn't very painful as I quickly take action when I feel the teeth coming down or when I see his tongue gng backwards. When he nurse, his tongue will block the teeth so he can't bite. He usually bite when he's finishing milk. Now he's older n he has lots of teeth but never bite. Once baby got used to having teeth, they won't bite anymore. They love mummy too n don't want mummy to shout ouch every time. Haha

lyra, thanks for sharing!i suppose the feeding position will just come in place as time goes. I can imagine myself as the tree and my gal as the koala hugging me and suckle! haha

so, will there be an issue when babyis teething?

xiaodaisy

i've eaten everything on the list and my baby had no colic , actually it really depends on individual babies =)

lyra, thanks for sharing!i suppose the feeding position will just come in place as time goes. I can imagine myself as the tree and my gal as the koala hugging me and suckle! haha

so, will there be an issue when babyis teething?
usually i dont carry my girl when i latch her cos too heavy for me even tho she's not tat big size but aching arms lol

when outside , she will sit on my lap facing my breast n hug my body n latch herself , at home either a lie down position or she will just lie on my tummy n latch herself .. no need to carry too ..

for teething , babies r smart , they understand wat we say , ard 4mths + my girl start to bite me when she haven got any teeth , since den i've start teaching her that she cant bite me .. now 8mths+ she started to pop her first 2 teeth and no bites fm her , altho she loves to put my fingers in her mouth n nibbles them but she dont do that to my nipples lol

i will unlatch her and give her a light smack on her cheek , tell her sternly NO and refuse to latch her until she cries again .. so she will understand bite = no milk .. =) tat works for me =)

Shirix

Hi all,

Just want to ask if I eat raw food like sashimi, I just need to pump out the next feed and not give to baby right? 2nd feed should be fine?

Actually is ok to eat sashimi and just bm. in fact i heard eating sashimi helps to increase milk supply.

Sashimi is more of a "no-no" during preg but then is ok for bf

Shirix

Really???!!! I thought cannot eat all the raw food like sashimi and even half boiled egg..

So happy!! Going to eat buffet after my confinement!!!