Foot Massage?

mami2009

Hi apple_san, try soaking in warm water and ask your husband to rub rub and light pressure massage your foot...you might feel better when someone rub your feet ..

Take care!

chiro

can understand how ufeel.. When iwas in vietnam during my 9th week pregnancy., the lady simply touch my feet when they knew i pregnant..cos they scared that im the second customer to miscarry.

But even touchin also feel good..after shoppin whole day hahaha

Hi apple_san,
It's best not to go for foot massage even it's done by professional coz my husband is ex boss of a foot reflex but they dont't take in preggy mothers even when all our therapists are certified..coz you will never know what will happen...it's better to be safe than sorry...

Instead like some who have mentioned here, try to soak your feet in warm water and after soaking, ask your hubby to massage your calf and to massage light on your foot and also your hubby could hold your foot with both hand and add pressure (you could tell him if the pressure is ok or not) this will really relax you..coz even I'm not preggy yet but I do understand the feeling when your foot is feeling so much in need of foot massage coz I had this feeling once when I was in bkk shopping non-stop and my foot is killing me and I really felt like dying..wahaha..so when the therapist hold my feet to massage, I suddenly felt so shiok...but then Thai massage is not my cuppa tea as I'm already so used to doing foot reflexology where the pressure they used is much stronger than thai massage...

Thanks for all reply.​

I'm in last trimester and getting heavy. Just walk or stand too long and bottom of leg few very painful. Is like really need some massage. but dare not...​

Hi apple_san,

Even ladies who are menstrating should not have their feet massaged. Hence, pregnant ladies going for massage is a strict NO.

Reason being, the acupressure points connected to all our organs are found at the sole of our feet. Given that you are pregnant, they may apply incorrect pressure ..etc, hence it is just not advisable. In particular, you are in the final semester.

What you can do, use foot cream... and give gentle strokes (certainly Hubby can be put to good use here). While lying down, you may also wish to lift your legs at an angle (not too steep), this helps too.

Hubby can also help to apply the cream onto the calves and giving gentle upward strokes.

Re soaking your feet, personally I wouldn't recommend, especially those with herbs.

This is also the reason why pregnant ladies are not allowed to do hair treatment or colour their hair coz hair follicles and sole of feet are entry points into our inner body.

Just hang on there... soon, you will see a bright chubby happy baby greeting you.

Take good care!!

Last edited:

temari

my gynae advise me can go for foot massage but not foot reflexology. after i used the osim leg massage, my swollen foot is better. i try to massage my foot sometimes and do some leg stretching exercise whenever i can.my swollen foot reduced alr and not so pain now.

baby_elmo

i have very bad water retention on my legs since 3 months preg till birth. Later stage of preg, my legs are even more aching & tiring. :elvis: have tried using massage machine several times but got scolded by my mummy colleagues.

My massage lady told me that i should have try pre-natal massage to relief aching legs.

fern

i tried leg massage (not foot only) as well...done by those massage ladies who do pre-natal whole body massages

for water retention and leg cramps of legs, my gynae advised me to use Cyclo3 cream. You may want to give you a try

yann

i have very bad water retention on my legs since 3 months preg till birth. Later stage of preg, my legs are even more aching & tiring. :elvis: have tried using massage machine several times but got scolded by my mummy colleagues.

My massage lady told me that i should have try pre-natal massage to relief aching legs.
Hi, im also doing pre-natal massage to prevent water retention.im now doing post-natal massage.very fast my tummy loose.my water retention left a bit now.bt im sill have 7 more session to do.

baby_elmo

Hi, im also doing pre-natal massage to prevent water retention.im now doing post-natal massage.very fast my tummy loose.my water retention left a bit now.bt im sill have 7 more session to do.
:Dancing_wub:me too. my water retention were gone n as for tummy... still got 2 inch to go.