Formula Milk only can keep 1mth after open??

Hi Mummies,

Currently bf my gal and only give my gal FM few days once..

Heard from colleague yest that FM cannot keep for longer than 1mth after open, is it true?? Why? Did anyone tried to keep longer than 1mth?

xicloudix

yes cannot keep more than 1 mth, its stated at the tin....

even before 1 mth, i realised my milk powder start to "lou feng" it will harden and not fresh anymore.... coz keep open and closed ma...

what my sis in law do is to open and and NOT tear off the aluminium foil completely so it will keep its freshness longer

What i do is I open and scoop my neeed amount into many different small container for milk powder which can last me for 1 or few days... so i need not open my tin so many times.... by even with these 2 method, our milk powder can't last 1 mth also... by the 2nd week it will harden already and lose its freshness

ya, i saw my mum did tat before, take out the milk powder n put at another tin to make sure the rest in the tin wont "lou feng"... but never know cannot keep for more than 1 mth... ><

xicloudix

its stated at the tin, u can check it out..... but in the past, i think my mum nv go think whether it can tahan or not... in the past $$$ very expensive de, so they will buy big big tin and last longer (dumex if I am not wrong) nv hear b4 that cannot last 1 mth,

but since the tin now states, i would rather folllow...better be safe than sorry

apollo

i will not take the risk. though very sinful and wasted, but i rather throw the FM is cant finish within a mth =)

fionliu

yes cannot keep more than 1 month, its stated at the tin....

even before 1 month, i realised my milk powder start to "lou feng" it will harden and not fresh anymore.... coz keep open and closed ...

what my sis in law do is to open and and NOT tear off the aluminium foil completely so it will keep its freshness longer

What i do is I open and scoop my neeed amount into many different small container for milk powder which can last me for 1 or few days... so i need not open my tin so many times.... by even with these 2 method, our milk powder can't last 1 month also... by the 2nd week it will harden already and lose its freshness
oh nw then i knw why ppl dun like to buy big tin but my daughter is drinking mamex gold stage 1 and the small tin like face out le so no choice got to buy big tin, by the way what brand u are using hw come 2nd week harden ? mine last for 3 weeks to finish but didnt harden at all sometime at the scoop only so i jus feel it out.i think from now onwards, i oso using the method u say to contain the milk , at least for 1 day so i open the tin cover once a day only. thks for the reminder.

liz2010

oh now then i knw why ppl dont like to buy big tin but my daughter is drinking mamex gold stage 1 and the small tin like face out so no choice got to buy big tin, by the way what brand you are using hw come 2nd week harden ? mine last for 3 weeks to finish but didnt harden at all sometime at the scoop only so i just feel it out.i think from now onwards, i also using the method you say to contain the milk , at least for 1 day so i open the tin cover once a day only. thks for the reminder.
do you keep your FM in the fridge? I do it and so far, the milk powder has never hardened.

trine

i am bfing too and supplementing with formula once a day. same problem, cant finish the big tin in a month.. Then i found out that this japanese brand formula - meiji, that comes in sachets. I think it's a very good solution! though its more expensive, but at least we dont have to feel guilty wasting the milk. Plus, the milk is tastier and has more vitamins

Ting

for those that cant finish within one mth, why not buy the small tin? though long term wise, it is more exp, but still "fresher" and lesser wastage.