Frequency of baby pooP

Hi

I've started weaning baby since last fri. Initially I start off with rice cereal. She still poop Once a day every morn. Then after 5 days, I intro-ed apple purée. First day she poop, but after that until now, she have not poop. It's been like 3 or 4 days. She just keep farting.

Would like to know how often should babies be pooping after they start solids? But my baby used to poop evey 3 days when she was on BM only.

I read before somewhere that plums and prunes are good for promoting bowel movement. Which kind of prunes do I get? Those sunsweet pitted prunes? And how to prepare them?

Thanks.

meiteoh

Sunsweet prunes are already sweetened but you can give them if you're rushed for time - just soak in hot water and mash.

Apples and rice on a regular basis can lead to constipation. After introduction of solids, babies should poo soft, pastey poo like plasticine or playdough 3 times a day or once every 3 days. :)

I have introduced plum to my baby for 2 days. Yesterday she pooed twice, and her poo was pastey like peanut butter consistency. Today up till now she has pooed 3 times. The first time it's like peanut butter, but the 2nd and 3rd time it's watery, like back to the times when she was just on total BM. But the colour doesn't seem like it's diarrhoea.

Should I be worried? Could this be food intolerence? Should i still continue to feed her plum for another 2 days to fufil the 4 days rule?

apollo

i think shd be okay cos whenevr ds constipate, we gave him prune juice, and aft giving 2-3 days, from constipation he will poo and slowly becomes more watery. aft he has 'clear' his bowel, everything is bk to normal =)