Frisocrem and healthy times cereal and fruits for puree

Ivy Miao

Mummies, I actually did asked this qnz in one of the thread but forgot which thread was it in.

Right now, I'm feeding son frisocrem in the day (lunch). Well he's currently 5mth plus and I bought this healthy times cereal today. Must I finish the frisocrem before introducing him healthy times? Or can I feed him frisocrem today, tml healthy times?

Apollo mummy, I got son the Avent steamer and fruits. But for apple, they have so many different kind. From china, fuji and so. Does it matter on which country of apple can babies eat? Bananas, can I get those small size kind? And not the long big ones?

Avocados, I don't intend to add milk. Fine with it? Thanks for advice!:red:

meiteoh

You can check out your original thread here - http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f74/frisocrem-nan-ha-41407/

1) If he was intro-ed to Frisocrem within the past three days, then best you feed for one more then and then start HT tomorrow and the day after tomorrow for another four days.

2) For regular consumption, opt for Fuji or Gala as it is sweeter than other breeds. Avoid Granny Smith as it is sour and meant more for tarts and pies.

3) I never gave avocado with milk and I think that's a matter of personal preference. :)

apollo

Mummies, I actually did asked this qnz in one of the thread but forgot which thread was it in.

Right now, I'm feeding son frisocrem in the day (lunch). Well he's currently 5mth plus and I bought this healthy times cereal today. Must I finish the frisocrem before introducing him healthy times? Or can I feed him frisocrem today, tml healthy times?

Apollo mummy, I got son the Avent steamer and fruits. But for apple, they have so many different kind. From china, fuji and so. Does it matter on which country of apple can babies eat? Bananas, can I get those small size kind? And not the long big ones?

Avocados, I dont't intend to add milk. Fine with it? Thanks for advice!:red:
yes u can start ur son with healthy times cereal if he is okay (no allergy to friscrem).. actu i personally prefer cereal lik Healthy Times, Happybellies etc.. for cereal i will go for Organic ones cos most of them contain NO milk..

for apples usually my mum will buy those big ones, i think is Fuji, unless 'no stock' den she will buy other type. banana, we also buy the small ones but we only gif banana once in awhile, not too frequent cos it will cause constipation, and rmb to gif RIPED banana.

sry i cant ans u on the Avocados, cos i did not intro ds that =P

esthergal

My baby loves avocado!! What i did was just to peel the skin off, then cut into small cubes and mash them into smooth texture using baby's spoon, then feed baby!!! Yummy, this is one of his favourite fruits :)

Ivy Miao

My baby loves avocado!! What i did was just to peel the skin off, then cut into small cubes and mash them into smooth texture using baby's spoon, then feed baby!!! Yummy, this is one of his favourite fruits :)
No need to steam? Son is 5months plus..

I tried him with healthy times cereal. He spit em all out!!! Changed back to frisocrem and he eat so fast. Healthy times cereal taste bait more blunt than frisocrem. Money wasted...

apollo

No need to steam? Son is 5months plus..

I tried him with healthy times cereal. He spit em all out!!! Changed back to frisocrem and he eat so fast. Healthy times cereal taste bait more blunt than frisocrem. Money wasted...
avocado can just eat lik this, dun nd to steam.

i think becos healthy times doesnt contains any milk nor sugar while frisocrem contains milk if i'm not wrong.

meiteoh

Frisocrem is sweet whereas Healthy Times isn't. What has happened is that you've conditioned your boy to enjoy sweetened foods so when you introduce something that isn't sweet, he doesn't like it. Babies' taste buds are more sensitive than ours and what tastes bland can taste flavourful to them. This is why it's important to start your baby on the right track - no sugar or salt.

allycat

Your son's only 5.5 mths and he has already tried so many types of food? Wow. Quan just turned 5 mths and I told my MIL that we'll only start solids when he's 6 mths old. Guess MIL will probably feed him porridge...

apollo

Frisocrem is sweet whereas Healthy Times isn't. What has happened is that you've conditioned your boy to enjoy sweetened foods so when you introduce something that isn't sweet, he doesn't like it. Babies' taste buds are more sensitive than ours and what tastes bland can taste flavourful to them. This is why it's important to start your baby on the right track - no sugar or salt.
i agree. ds started with healthy times and mixed with his FM. aft tt he wants it plain w/o milk. until now, he has not taken any meals which contains seasoning etc..

apollo

Ivy, did u add milk into healthy times cereal? u can try adding some milk (FM or BM). so it might taste 'nicer' or at least 'similac' to frisocrem =)

Ivy Miao

Apollo mummy, I added his usual milk, Nan HA 1. He still doesn't like. I should have start with something less sweet. Hmm.... His paed recommend frisocrem and I went ahead with it. Will just stick to that since he love it so much. 6months should be able to start with porridge? Or should I wait till 7mths? If I found avocado a little dry, can I add hot water?

Allycat mummy, son onli tried pear juice, apple purée, banana purée and recently let him take the pumpkin purée. For cereal, it's just frisocrem and healthy times cereal, which he doesn't like it at all.

As for porridge, u use brown rice and use slow cooker to cook? Or those normal rice we usually eat. I dunno anything.. :shyxxx:

catherlyn

For me once deziree passed her 4 days rule I will add purée to her cereal n porridge. Usually breakfast is cereal with fruit purée, lunch is porridge with veg purée or veg alone. Evening I will gv her a small potion of dessert can be yoghurt with purée fruits or just fruit purée. I started her off with organix cereal n nw I alternate btw healthy times, organix n happybellies n she love her meal time n always look forwards to it.

apollo

Apollo mummy, I added his usual milk, Nan HA 1. He still doesn't like. I should have start with something less sweet. Hmm.... His paed recommend frisocrem and I went ahead with it. Will just stick to that since he love it so much. 6months should be able to start with porridge? Or should I wait till 7mths? If I found avocado a little dry, can I add hot water?

Allycat mummy, son onli tried pear juice, apple purée, banana purée and recently let him take the pumpkin purée. For cereal, it's just frisocrem and healthy times cereal, which he doesn't like it at all.

As for porridge, you use brown rice and use slow cooker to cook? Or those normal rice we usually eat. I dont know anything.. :shyxxx:
ds started porridge at 6mth old. actu i feel tt porridge can start anytime. cos cereal is made of grains, rice is also grains mahh.. haha...

for avocado, i not v sure. sry cant ans u on this. but mayb u can try adding some milk??

Ivy Miao

For me once deziree passed her 4 days rule I will add purée to her cereal n porridge. Usually breakfast is cereal with fruit purée, lunch is porridge with veg purée or veg alone. Evening I will gv her a small potion of dessert can be yoghurt with purée fruits or just fruit purée. I started her off with organix cereal n now I alternate btw healthy times, organix n happybellies n she love her meal time n always look forwards to it.
Purée fruits and fruit purée, what's the difference? What kinda grain u use for her porridge? Cook in slow cooker?

apollo

Ivy, regarding the qns u asked me at the other thread, i will reply u here.

the yu ren seng sisen powder, i will mix with room temp water, den add into the porridge and cook tgt. i will cook the porridge 1st and b4 serving, i will ad in the sisen powder, stir for a few min and serve =)

Ivy Miao

Ivy, regarding the qns you asked me at the other thread, i will reply you here.

the yu ren seng sisen powder, i will mix with room temp water, then add into the porridge and cook together. i will cook the porridge 1st and before serving, i will ad in the sisen powder, stir for a few min and serve =)
Oh.. Can't mixed it just like that for him to eat? Have to put into porridge? Btw, what kinda grain u used firur dear son when he was 6months? The staff told me the si sen powder taste blunt?

apollo

Oh.. Can't mixed it just like that for him to eat? Have to put into porridge? Btw, what kinda grain you used firur dear son when he was 6months? The staff told me the si sen powder taste blunt?
actu i was told tt can just cook the sien brown rice powder and just give lik this. but ur son and mine is diffe mahh, ur son few mths old only. ds alrdy 13mth, if i just gif the sisen with brown rice, he might not accept it and might not fill his tummy full.

when he was young, i let him try brown rice for porridge but v diffi to cook and he will get constipated. so i mix brown rice with normal white rice.. aft tt he still copnstipated so i just cook with normal rice. only cereal den gif him brown rice.

catherlyn

Purée fruits and fruit purée, what's the difference? What kinda grain you use for her porridge? Cook in slow cooker?
Actually no diff just ways of phrasing. I milled the rice n then just cook when need to. I mixed rice n brown rice-1btl then rice n barley-1 btl

Ivy Miao

actually i was told that can just cook the sien brown rice powder and just give lik this. but your son and mine is diffe mahh, your son few mths old only. dear son alrdy 13mth, if i just give the sisen with brown rice, he might not accept it and might not fill his tummy full.

when he was young, i let him try brown rice for porridge but very diffi to cook and he will get constipated. so i mix brown rice with normal white rice.. after that he still copnstipated so i just cook with normal rice. only cereal then give him brown rice.
Can I add the si sen powder into his frisocrem cereal?