From Step 1 to Step 2

:001_302:
Today mark the first day from Step 1 Mamil to Step 2 Mamil .

The plan is
1) Mix 3 scope of Step 1 and 3 scope of Step 2 ( To drink this for 1 week )
2) Next Friday onward - Mix 5 scope of Step 2 with 1 scope of Step 1 ( To drink this for 1 week )
3) Another following week , all Step 2.

Just to check what to look out for during this phase of transition ? :001_302:

Ting

dun mix FM tgt. not recommended bcos it will cause tummy ache n there is a difference in nutrients.
for me, i just changed it immediately n my girl took it well.
if not, eg u feed 5 feeds a day, then 4 feeds step 1, 1 feed step 2.
then 3 feeds step 1, 2 feeds step 2, n so on until u change to completely all step 2.

dont mix FM together. not recommended bcos it will cause tummy ache n there is a difference in nutrients.
for me, i just changed it immediately n my girl took it well.
if not, eg you feed 5 feeds a day, then 4 feeds step 1, 1 feed step 2.
then 3 feeds step 1, 2 feeds step 2, n so on until you change to completely all step 2.
Thanks Ting ,

I was told by my PD to do mix 3 scope of each steps as they belong to the same brand .
Maybe different milk brand will give tummy ache ?

apollo

Thanks Ting ,

I was told by my pediatrician to do mix 3 scope of each steps as they belong to the same brand .
Maybe different milk brand will give tummy ache ?
DONT MIX!! my pd said even same brand also cannot mix. last time he told me can but aft few mth he said cannot. and i heard that becos some babies' tummies cannot tahan mix FM even from same brand. so he warned me not to take the risk.. just replace 1 feed by 1 feed...

DONT MIX!! my pediatrician said even same brand also cannot mix. last time he told me can but after few month he said cannot. and i heard that becos some babies' tummies cannot tahan mix FM even from same brand. so he warned me not to take the risk.. just replace 1 feed by 1 feed...

I see . I will call my PD again to confirm .

Meanwhile how to know if the BB is not suitable for this step 2 ?

My sister ask me to look out for fever ..

apollo

I see . I will call my pediatrician again to confirm .

Meanwhile how to know if the baby is not suitable for this step 2 ?

My sister ask me to look out for fever ..
unsuitable FM will NOT cause fever.

u must take note, during the 1st 1-2 weeks of changing FM, the baby might have diarrhoae or constipation pro. if the pro is not serious and subside itself aft 1-2 weeks, is okay cause their body nd time to adust to the new FM (though is same brand) =)

Thanks apollo ,

Left my PD number at home.. Want to call also cannot ... :eek:
Have to call tommorrow instead .

My BB poo once a day only . :001_302: So i am going to monitor this closely .
Hope she will react well to Step 2 .

Ting

actually imo, most babies shld be fine with the follow up or step 2. very seldom they r not suitable.. maybe u can try giving your girl step 2 immediately n see the "reaction"?
for pin, i just changed immediately after her step1 finish, nvr replace feeds slowly watsoever. :)