frozen milk

blummy

Hi mummies,

Would like to ask those who store frozen milk, does ur frozen milk taste funny? I wanted to clear stock from my freezer, n gave my baby

frozen milk dated in Dec. Technically it has only been two months but it smelt really,bad n tastes horrible. Nearly puked after tasting it. Is this normal?
How do I know if Tyre milk has turned bad

Bad milk smells and taste sour. Bb wont take bad milk at all. If it has a strong after taste and smell like soap or a fishy smell, ur milk has high lvl of lipase. It is okay for bb to take milk w high lipase. If ur bb resist the taste, u might wn to mix it with fresh milk. Another way is to scald e milk before freezing. Heat e milk until u see small bubbles at e side, DONT BOIL THE MILK. However scalding will cause e milk to lose some of its good component. It's still healthier den formula though. Hope it helps!

blummy

Thanks!

Ya, I think I should let the baby try the frozen milk. I chickened out last evening, after smelling and tasting the milk. Just surprise that babies like such taste! Haha!
Hopefully I don't have to throw my little milk bank away! =)

Tks!

Qookie

My nose is very sensitive to smells. I think frozen milk has a bad smell. I don't dare taste it. But my baby took it anyway, with no complains or harm (no diarrhea or other symptoms), so i guess it's very safe. I keep it in the freezer for about 6 weeks.

Oh yes, it's very important to keep the milk covered, so that the smells in the freezer don't get to the milk. Especially raw food smells. Otherwise i think your baby might really reject it.