frustrated with boyfriend

xiaoying82

hi all mummies, i am new here, though i am not yet a mummy but i am longing to be one!

just need to rant about my boyfriend as i don't know who to turn to to talk about this issue.

we have been in a relationship for nearly 2 years. I am 31. (my previous relationship of 10 years ended bitterly because the ex didnt want to commit to a marriage, so we had to return our hdb flat and etc.) for this guy, he is totally different. really attentive, loving and caring. but he is also a very busy dude who is running his own business, and he works everyday. our time together is therefore very short, though i am really appreciative of the fact that he makes an effort to pick me up and have dinner with me every night then send me home before going home himself. usually when he wraps up the day, it will be close to midnight. he shares his thoughts with me and we have never fought in our two years together. all in all, i would say i am in a "fairy tale" relationship.

in all honesty, i am kinda ashamed to be ranting about this, because as i am typing this, i felt that i have a great boyfriend. we have already appplied for a BTO, to be delivered in 2016. he suggested that we get married and stay with his parents, probably next year october. however, my first issue is this, he has not proposed. yes, many of my friends did say that a proposal will come, i just need to wait it out. OK, i'll just wait it out then. then comes the second issue for me: the planning. i feel that he did not properly plan our married life. he said that we will have children straight after we get married. (ie. when i am 32, he 35) but his parents' flat is a 3-room! not only will there be no space for a confinement lady (should I have one, i am not too sure), our baby will have to squeeze with us in our room!

So i am really in a daze. He said get married next year (but hasnt proposed). then he said stay with parents house (which I've already agreed). to have child straight after marriage (I like that) BUT he/I do not know how is the child going to be taken care of? after my 4 mths of maternity leave, who shall I entrust the child to? my mum is most glad to take care of my baby but she stays in bedok. his mum, is working for him in his company. So when i asked him all that about a month ago, he said he hasn't planned to that stage yet, hence he doesn't have a ready answer for that. But he said most probably he is hopeful that he will be able to employ more workers to take over his mum's duties so that she can look after our child. therefore i left it as that.

however, what prompted me to write this post today was what happened ytd. he was casually joking about confinement nannies and i said "oh, in your 3-rm flat, our confinement nanny won't even hve a place to sleep" and guess what he said? he said "I thought we are only having a kid when our BTO is ready?" Oh man, i was ready to burst a blood vessel! do i have amnesia?!!! he can't even remember our plan!!! is there something wrong with me?

oh well, sorry for the long post... just need to get it out of my system..

elfverie

I think that boys been boys? They tend to forget what they have said previously. Or he.might havr other plans. Why not talk to him first...

Anyway when u have a baby, most likely the baby will sleep with you..

Also bto usually TOP earlier than said year so many it will be ready in early 2015

hondavvvtec

i just feel that you are worrying too much. You have even created scenarios for yourself which i feel is not healthy as things may not turn out to be as what you imagine. Take things slowly each at a time

Alisa

u should just tell him ytd on what he said. as for kid staying in the same room as u, that is what I am doing. I am staying with his parents and son is sleeping with us, now daughter is sleeping with confinement lady in another room. we are still waiting for our flat to be ready by next yr. during my 1st son, my confinement is done by his mom (only cooking, bathing and help out during night feed). if u don mind, can ask his mom to help too but bear in mind, they will be some misunderstanding.