Full c-sec & Half C-sec MUM

ling.er

Any mummy went thru Half c-sec here? Care to share the overall detail??

My son is on fully c-sec ... My gyane tat time told mi half c-sec somehw will feel abit pain.. Depen personally can endure anot.. WANTED to try but scare so after considering & discuss with Hubb.. Choose Fully c-sec ~~!!

:tlaugh:

apric0t

hi,

Does full c-section means you're unconscious during the whole procedure..?
I gave birth by c-section, but I was conscious, only lower half body was numb.

ling.er

Ya tat wat i mean.. Mine is fully Slp.. So i duno wat happen, the very next monent is i been wake by the nurse say is already done my hubb on right baby on left .. then push to room lei..

hi,

Does full c-section means you're unconscious during the whole procedure..?
I gave birth by c-section, but I was conscious, only lower half body was numb.

apric0t

Ya tat wat i mean.. Mine is fully Slp.. So i duno wat happen, the very next monent is i been wake by the nurse say is already done my hubb on right baby on left .. then push to room lei..
Oic.. before the op, the doc advised me to be half conscious cos I asked if I can be fully unconscious as it was my 1st time operation, and I was scared it will be painful.. During the procedure, the doc was talking to another doc lor.. saying she went holiday, blah blah. haha
The whole procedure was not painful, only felt a little bit when they were pushing the baby out. Everything happened very fast too.
Only after that, when they push me out, I felt very cold and was shivering badly that the nurse had to cover me with a special blanket that keeps warm. Also felt giddy too, as if the whole room was moving.. I think it's prob the effect of epidural.

ling.er

Was planning to had my 2nd one half C-sec too.. I damn scare pain wan.. so i duno am i able to take it T.T .
when they cut , u dun feel it? or when u hear the cling cling sound of the knife N all those u nt scare??

Oic.. before the op, the doc advised me to be half conscious cos I asked if I can be fully unconscious as it was my 1st time operation, and I was scared it will be painful.. During the procedure, the doc was talking to another doc lor.. saying she went holiday, blah blah. haha
The whole procedure was not painful, only felt a little bit when they were pushing the baby out. Everything happened very fast too.
Only after that, when they push me out, I felt very cold and was shivering badly that the nurse had to cover me with a special blanket that keeps warm. Also felt giddy too, as if the whole room was moving.. I think it's prob the effect of epidural.

apric0t

Was planning to had my 2nd one half C-sec too.. I damn scare pain wan.. so i duno am i able to take it T.T .
when they cut , u dun feel it? or when u hear the cling cling sound of the knife N all those u nt scare??
Actually I already felt scared before I was wheeled into the op theatre, scared until I could feel myself shaking!
I distracted myself by watching the TV before they wheel me away.. and keep telling myself to keep calm in my head.

In the op theatre, I was very scared, body was stiff.. nurses told me to relax cos they need to inject epidural..
Once epidural effect start, really don't feel anything at lower half of my body.... can only feel them pushing me here n there when they were cutting me up.. I was not able to see them cut me also.. got a big cloth covering the view.. Only felt slight pain when they were pushing baby out, but it was fast.

gumbokins

Aiyoh I was wondering what is half c-sec...they only cut half? lol..

I had an epidural too...of course I was nervous, but all I could about was my babies, what they (i had c-sect for both) would look like, botak or got hair. hearing my babies cry for the first time was the most beautiful sound (noise?) and truly moving. the second time the anesthesiologist took a photo of the 3 of us...he even included my gynae working in the background, with my blood all over his scrubs. WIN!

like apric0t, the docs were whispering among themselves during the procedure, I knew it was all over when they started talking at normal volume about some mundane stuff. Then i zzzz off.

Anyways, yes, you will only be able to feel pressure but no pain...they will check before they start. my hubby was with me both times, I had to keep asking him what was happening, so he kept hving to peek over to see lol. i remember with my girl, he looked over just in time to see them yank her out from my womb looooool

anyways GA has higher risks..longer recovery.

Just think about your baby, it'll be over quick!

apric0t

Aiyoh I was wondering what is half c-sec...they only cut half? lol..

I had an epidural too...of course I was nervous, but all I could about was my babies, what they (i had c-sect for both) would look like, botak or got hair. hearing my babies cry for the first time was the most beautiful sound (noise?) and truly moving. the second time the anesthesiologist took a photo of the 3 of us...he even included my gynae working in the background, with my blood all over his scrubs. WIN!

like apric0t, the docs were whispering among themselves during the procedure, I knew it was all over when they started talking at normal volume about some mundane stuff. Then i zzzz off.

Anyways, yes, you will only be able to feel pressure but no pain...they will check before they start. my hubby was with me both times, I had to keep asking him what was happening, so he kept hving to peek over to see lol. i remember with my girl, he looked over just in time to see them yank her out from my womb looooool

anyways GA has higher risks..longer recovery.

Just think about your baby, it'll be over quick!
wah, you even had photo taken..
I was alone when I had my c-section cos my husband was overseas.
When my baby was out, I only had a quick glance of her hands and feet as she was whisked away quickly.

Gem2505

I asked for full but doc say half body is good enough. so i just went with it.
i dont feel the pain at all. my level of tolerance on pain is VERY low. im those abit only pain.
even post natal massage i also cannot tahan.

i walked on the 2nd day and started shopping ard the hosipital on 3rd day. delivered on a thurs noon, discharge on sunday morning.

before i knew anything, bb is out. within 30mins everything is done. i wanted to go for natural but no dilation at all after 33 hours and 2 induce. sian-ness. so i request for c sect when doc say can try 1 more time of induce. i didnt want to wait for so long. 33 hours is long enough. i cant even tahan the checking of dilation and inducing part lor.

Hi,

I had an emergency c-sect when i delivered my gal who just turned 2 yrs old yesterday. Couldn't push her out, doc say my birth canal to small for her at 3.685kg. Haha!

I was already on epidural so no pain, just the stress from worrying whether my baby was in distress and the fact that everything was happening soooo fast! From the point we decided on c-sect, hubby was whisked away to get scrubbed down immediately and i was whisked to the operating theatre in like 10 mins! I panicked when my gynae was ready to cut me open before i hubby arrived (he was stuck outside the operating theatre)!Thank god they let him in.

From then on, everything took only like 20 ish minutes cos they cut me (i could smell a burning smell), pushed my baby out (can feel the pressure) and stiched me up.Very Very fast!!! We also managed to take pics, 3 pics in fact cos the doc was very nice!

First day couldn't walk cos hooked on the drip but 2nd day i was walking in and out of my room,and secretly took a shower even.

gumbokins

Hi,

I had an emergency c-sect when i delivered my gal who just turned 2 yrs old yesterday. Couldn't push her out, doc say my birth canal to small for her at 3.685kg. Haha!

I was already on epidural so no pain, just the stress from worrying whether my baby was in distress and the fact that everything was happening soooo fast! From the point we decided on c-sect, hubby was whisked away to get scrubbed down immediately and i was whisked to the operating theatre in like 10 mins! I panicked when my gynae was ready to cut me open before i hubby arrived (he was stuck outside the operating theatre)!Thank god they let him in.

From then on, everything took only like 20 ish minutes cos they cut me (i could smell a burning smell), pushed my baby out (can feel the pressure) and stiched me up.Very Very fast!!! We also managed to take pics, 3 pics in fact cos the doc was very nice!

First day couldn't walk cos hooked on the drip but 2nd day i was walking in and out of my room,and secretly took a shower even.
Oh you also smelt the burning smell?? me too! I thought it was just my imagination!

Yes, a big downside to c-sect is Day 1 you are confined to the bed...very uncomfortable..and very hungry also, no food and drink -__-. But once they take out the drip and catheter you must try to get up and get moving..get a girdle or belly cinch to apply gentle pressure to the wound, more comfy that way.

Hi gumbokins,

I smelt it and asked hubby if they already cut me open! haha!Felt like a roasted piggy! i didn't feel it. I had to kee asking hubs what they were doing and once the baby was out, my first question was if she had hair! Lol!

I was also starving after the operation! Had to beg for food but the nurse said had to as my gynae and then i had to beg him too! Never fet sooo hungry in my life. in the end, he only allowed me half a cup of milo but the nurses brought me a full big glass of it and i finished the whole glass.

Oh you also smelt the burning smell?? me too! I thought it was just my imagination!

Yes, a big downside to c-sect is Day 1 you are confined to the bed...very uncomfortable..and very hungry also, no food and drink -__-. But once they take out the drip and catheter you must try to get up and get moving..get a girdle or belly cinch to apply gentle pressure to the wound, more comfy that way.

ling.er

Burning SMell??? Why have tat smell?? Dun scare mi lei.. Cos i plan to numb half of my body .. Cos full c-sec cant really knw wat happen & hear my baby cry.. I only wake up the very next day cos the epi is too strong for mi as i slept the wholeday & even vomit afte i try to drink milo...

My fren told mi the moment they start to pull the baby out tat part is pain right??

gumbokins

Burning SMell??? Why have tat smell?? Dun scare mi lei.. Cos i plan to numb half of my body .. Cos full c-sec cant really knw wat happen & hear my baby cry.. I only wake up the very next day cos the epi is too strong for mi as i slept the wholeday & even vomit afte i try to drink milo...

My fren told mi the moment they start to pull the baby out tat part is pain right??

No leh..I don't feel pain. Actually what happened for me is the other doc or nurse stood over my head and push on my belly from above, but really cannot feel pain lah. just uncomfortable lor.

And the burning smell, I just read up, they use something to seal off the blood vessels during the surgery.

Hi ling.er,

Not that scary la. Just feels uncomfortable, like what gumbokins said.So u expecting your 2nd baby? If so, congrats. I chose half also cos i wanna be 'awake' when the baby arrives.

gumbokins, did you deliver at Mt A as well? Our experience very similar.

gumbokins

Hi ling.er,

Not that scary la. Just feels uncomfortable, like what gumbokins said.So u expecting your 2nd baby? If so, congrats. I chose half also cos i wanna be 'awake' when the baby arrives.

I delivered at Parkway East ^.^

ling.er

Hi ling.er,

Heehee No la.. Stil Planning lo.. My first son was born In M.A.H But full c-sec .. Tat time doc gyane scare mi say will feel pain lo.. Then i choose fully numb.. Cant hear or seen my son after he is out..
But i lik the Hospital Nurse. So helpfull ^^

gumbokins

Heehee No la.. Stil Planning lo.. My first son was born In M.A.H But full c-sec .. Tat time doc gyane scare mi say will feel pain lo.. Then i choose fully numb.. Cant hear or seen my son after he is out..
But i lik the Hospital Nurse. So helpfull ^^
maybe your doc was referring to the pain during the recovery..coz it was really v pain lor :p

Gem2505

oh? i dont remember smelling the burning smell or maybe im too excited or scared? coz im all alone in the OT myself. hubby was waiting outside. -_-" think he wasnt allowed to go in.
the part they push the bb out and "closing" the cut up, can only feel the doc pushing my tummy. not pain. just like massage like that. think they have to push then bb can come out, after that, is to push the air out when closing part.
mine was in KKH. not sure if sub and pte patient will have diff anot. im pte patient. my total bill was 9k. i stayed in single bedded ward. senior consultant doc, quite decent looking gynae. hehehe!

ling.er

If Fully c-sec then is not allow to enter the operation room .. But u half numb right?? Shall be can enter wan..

oh? i dont remember smelling the burning smell or maybe im too excited or scared? coz im all alone in the OT myself. hubby was waiting outside. -_-" think he wasnt allowed to go in.
the part they push the bb out and "closing" the cut up, can only feel the doc pushing my tummy. not pain. just like massage like that. think they have to push then bb can come out, after that, is to push the air out when closing part.
mine was in KKH. not sure if sub and pte patient will have diff anot. im pte patient. my total bill was 9k. i stayed in single bedded ward. senior consultant doc, quite decent looking gynae. hehehe!