Full c-sec & Half C-sec MUM

Gem2505

If Fully c-sec then is not allow to enter the operation room .. But u half numb right?? Shall be can enter wan..
i was on half.
but there're 2 types. epidural and spinal anesthesia. if epidural, can go in OT. mine was half body spinal anesthesia. so hubby cant go in. from the start, i say i dun want epidural coz i saw how that tube is all that. so it does scare me off. haha. so i opt for spinal anesthesia instead.
injection on the back also.

here's alil details on it.

Spinal Anesthesia
Spinal anesthesia is a blocking pain reliever often used in cesarean sections. The spinal anesthesia numbs the entire lower half of the body and can numb all the way to the neck in certain cases. There is no feeling in the lower half of the body which leaves mom unable to feel when she should push during vaginal labor. The spinal anesthesia is placed directly into the spinal cord and relieves all pain immediately. The spinal is a onetime pain reliever that is injected with no continuous relief. However, the pain relief will only last at full strength for about 1 hour before it starts to wear off.

Epidural Anesthesia
Epidural anesthesia is the most commonly used form of pregnancy and labor anesthesia. In an epidural a small catheter is placed into the spinal cord. Pain relieving medications can be administers and regulated through that small catheter. An epidural takes a bit of time to begin working, but offers the doctor and care givers the option to increase the medication as needed or decrease the medication is mom is having trouble pushing.
Pain relief during labor is an important choice for mom. She will want to enjoy the laboring process yet keep baby healthy and safe. Anesthesia options should always be discussed with the obstetrician caring for the mom and baby and with the anesthesiologist in the hospital. There are safe choices for anesthesia during labor and mom will have to weigh those options before giving birth to baby.

Last edited:

Amulet

Mine was c-sec with spinal block.. No pain at all except wen doing injection.. Just feels some pushing n pulling that's all..

Post recovery was very manageable.. Just feels bruised but able to walk to washroom n carry baby by myself on day2..

I'm someone with very low pain theshold till even ear piercing can make me cry in pain..

My gynae advise against GA citing longer healing and recovery, post ops takes longer to wake up, the mom will feel more horrible too..

I remember my cousin had GA for her c-sec, horrible experience.. Her mom n the nurse was forcing/ persuading her to get off the bed n walk.. She was crying in pain all the way.. Left a very traumatized impression of c-sec for me as I was 12yo then..

Gem2505

OMG .. I think i shall ask my gyane as well..

But hw coem u spot till the tube???
i dont want to scare u leh. ha. coz i went for prenatal classes and they showed me the epidural set. they actually insert the tube into the spinal. thats why epidural can be controlled. for those on normal delivery, they will on the pain relief high, den when about to push, they will lower and off it. so the tube is always on the back.
but on spinal, its a 1 time injection n thats it, if im not wrong coz i dont remember seeing any tube on me. n i dont feel the tube when i lie down and b4 the numbness kicks in. n the process is like those normal injection. not painful.

im a scary cat timid person. abit jiu pain. thats why alot of my friends also pei fu me. LOL. for my bb, i have to do it. haha. u can ask ur gynae and discuss lor. if u want ur hubby to be with u, den opt for epidural. my hubby dont want to see the whole process *even for normal*. he say he scared he see le he will faint or have nightmare. alot guys scared and dont dare to touch wife after delivery. i dunno how scary it looks like, but i think alot of blood, some will scared. LOL.
n true enough, my ah lao really so lucky didnt get to see the process even thou i tried to go for normal delivery earlier on but not successful. he cold sweat. LOL!.

ling.er

Im also tat kind abit Pain wan.. i damn scare so 1st one i choose fully.. Cos i duno hw pain it is.. But after wake up then wan laugh cannot laugh tat kind is abit pain but for mi can endure wan..

U shall get ur hubb in ma.. Let then see we give birth then shall dote n sayang us more lolx.. Ya i plan to have half but is see spine or epi lo.. U say epi hubb can go in?? Hmm same price right for M.A.H ??

I goin back to tat hopital.. Nice nurse ^^

i dont want to scare u leh. ha. coz i went for prenatal classes and they showed me the epidural set. they actually insert the tube into the spinal. thats why epidural can be controlled. for those on normal delivery, they will on the pain relief high, den when about to push, they will lower and off it. so the tube is always on the back.
but on spinal, its a 1 time injection n thats it, if im not wrong coz i dont remember seeing any tube on me. n i dont feel the tube when i lie down and b4 the numbness kicks in. n the process is like those normal injection. not painful.

im a scary cat timid person. abit jiu pain. thats why alot of my friends also pei fu me. LOL. for my bb, i have to do it. haha. u can ask ur gynae and discuss lor. if u want ur hubby to be with u, den opt for epidural. my hubby dont want to see the whole process *even for normal*. he say he scared he see le he will faint or have nightmare. alot guys scared and dont dare to touch wife after delivery. i dunno how scary it looks like, but i think alot of blood, some will scared. LOL.
n true enough, my ah lao really so lucky didnt get to see the process even thou i tried to go for normal delivery earlier on but not successful. he cold sweat. LOL!.

Gem2505

Im also tat kind abit Pain wan.. i damn scare so 1st one i choose fully.. Cos i duno hw pain it is.. But after wake up then wan laugh cannot laugh tat kind is abit pain but for mi can endure wan..

U shall get ur hubb in ma.. Let then see we give birth then shall dote n sayang us more lolx.. Ya i plan to have half but is see spine or epi lo.. U say epi hubb can go in?? Hmm same price right for M.A.H ??

I goin back to tat hopital.. Nice nurse ^^

yes! that LAUGHING PART is must tahan. have to press on the wound and stop everyone from making me laugh. that lasted for about 1 week man. hahaha! now come to think of it then i rem. else i totally forgot about it. LOL!
i scared later if hubby go in with me, the doc have to attend to him b4 my bb out lor. -_-"
think nx one i shall try out epi. but i v scared man. LOL. coz i think spinal is sooooo easy n no kick. =)

ling.er

Ya i also have to press on my wound & laugh .. But the worst part is when after 1 week go back gyane there change medicain for wound, he tear off the bangage is painfull lo.. My hair ><" Shyshy** lol
Ya next i intent to try epi let my hubb come in n see hw his wife go thru & also let him see the baby when it out

yes! that LAUGHING PART is must tahan. have to press on the wound and stop everyone from making me laugh. that lasted for about 1 week man. hahaha! now come to think of it then i rem. else i totally forgot about it. LOL!
i scared later if hubby go in with me, the doc have to attend to him b4 my bb out lor. -_-"
think nx one i shall try out epi. but i v scared man. LOL. coz i think spinal is sooooo easy n no kick. =)

Gem2505

Ya i also have to press on my wound & laugh .. But the worst part is when after 1 week go back gyane there change medicain for wound, he tear off the bangage is painfull lo.. My hair ><" Shyshy** lol
Ya next i intent to try epi let my hubb come in n see hw his wife go thru & also let him see the baby when it out
oh. i dont feel pain when changing the bandage 1 week later. i think is the peeling off of the sticky part like how we take off plaster on our skin that kind of pain. but still ok la. my wound not pain and scar already totally heal outside. no bleeding on the bandage at all.

if i have 2nd one, i think i will still go for spinal. ha. but if i suddenly brave up, then maybe try epi. but must see if hubby want to see anot. i think its quite scary leh..

apric0t

My husband must be around the nxt time I deliver baby.
The nurses kept asking where is my husband when they were wheeling me and doc also asked again when I was lying there in the operating theatre.
:embarrassed:

I only managed to walk on my 3rd day cos of the pain. I saw some can walk on 2nd day already..

Last edited:

ling.er

My husband must be around the nxt time I deliver baby.
The nurses kept asking where is my husband when they were wheeling me and doc also asked again when I was lying there in the operating theatre.
:embarrassed:

I only managed to walk on my 3rd day cos of the pain. I saw some can walk on 2nd day already..

Ya make sure ur hubb is when u.. I wana to try epi so tat hubb can go in & acc mi ^^ Is scare but i think tat mention was to see the newborn asap lolx.. 2nd day my gyane nt allow mi to walk.. Cos i teh epi was too strong for mi i was aslp nearly1 whole day ... 3rd day then i walk around..

apric0t

Ya make sure ur hubb is when u.. I wana to try epi so tat hubb can go in & acc mi ^^ Is scare but i think tat mention was to see the newborn asap lolx.. 2nd day my gyane nt allow mi to walk.. Cos i teh epi was too strong for mi i was aslp nearly1 whole day ... 3rd day then i walk around..
same here too.. the whole day after c-section, i was very drowsy, kept falling asleep.

ling.er

same here too.. the whole day after c-section, i was very drowsy, kept falling asleep.

My Gynae say the epi they put is too strong for mi.. Tat y i fall slp.. Then gyane inform nurse to give mi half also inform mi tat mayb will feel the wound pain lo. But so far ok lo...

apric0t

My Gynae say the epi they put is too strong for mi.. Tat y i fall slp.. Then gyane inform nurse to give mi half also inform mi tat mayb will feel the wound pain lo. But so far ok lo...
oic.. my gynae nvr mention to me if mine is too strong..

I heard that if our first delivery is by c-section, subsequent delivery will also be c-section..?

ling.er

This wat i hear too.. But u can check with ur gynae. Cos i rmb i ask b4 he told mi depend..

I heard that if our first delivery is by c-section, subsequent delivery will also be c-section..?

Alisa

i have half c-sec, with spinal not epidural. I did not feel a single pain during the operation and not shivering for me but i kept vomiting.

I only feel the pain on 2nd day onwards. today is my 7th day, no pain le.

gumbokins

It's possible to hv a VBAC (vaginal delivery after c-sect), but after 2 c-sects, subsequent will be c-sect too

Gem2505

i have half c-sec, with spinal not epidural. I did not feel a single pain during the operation and not shivering for me but i kept vomiting.

Congrats on ur bb's arrival! =D
great that you're feeling well from the wound.

ling.er

Gratz .... Little Cute baby U have... try rest more ^^