GA C-Sect @TMC

camom

Why not try c-sec with epidural? I am 1 kiasi mom, scared if I go under GA, sleep then nvr wake up.. for epi, I am awake thru-out but can feel some tugging and pushing when they cut and while taking bb out.

Using an abdominal binder after the surgery helps alot. I had different gynaes for each delivery, but each time, I can walk & carry baby once the epi wore off. I don't take painkillers too (that's 1 less charge on my hospital bill :) ). I must say my pain threshold is not very high, I freak out when they draw blood but I surprised myself both times with the c-sec.

Why not try c-sec with epidural? I am 1 kiasi mom, scared if I go under GA, sleep then never wake up.. for epi, I am awake thru-out but can feel some tugging and pushing when they cut and while taking baby out.

Using an abdominal binder after the surgery helps alot. I had different gynaes for each delivery, but each time, I can walk & carry baby once the epi wore off. I dont't take painkillers too (that's 1 less charge on my hospital bill :) ). I must say my pain threshold is not very high, I freak out when they draw blood but I surprised myself both times with the c-sec.
hihi, is the abdominal binder provided by the hospital or we need to get it ourself? just wondering coz if in a case of emergency c-sect, where got time to get the binder? :)

camom

hihi, is the abdominal binder provided by the hospital or we need to get it ourself? just wondering coz if in a case of emergency c-sect, where got time to get the binder? :)
Better check with your gynae. My 1st gynae provided it as part of the package but 2nd one didn't. I delivered in the same hospital both times. Luckily I brought my own. Hospital pharmacies usually sell this binder. It's approx $80+, depending on how many panels (how wide it is) you want.

elaineyeo

Hi i juz gave birth on 23rd nov 09 and i dun go for GA, i had c-sect w/epi at TMC and was half sleep you will feel nothing when being cut on the tummy. cos i wanna hear my baby 1st cry thats the best thing that i wan.

Actually the op is quite fast within half an hour your baby will be out, but with the epi you will be shiver very cool and no food for 1 day cant eat and get up from bed till next day.

The nurse will help you to get up next day to walk but when you start to get up from bed it will be painful but no matter how must get up and try to walk cos it will heal your wound faster if you walk more cos 1 of my frz dare not get up and walk her wound will heal slower. For me ard 1wk+ will be better ald.

You can take 1 orange daily it will heal your wound faster, Trust me! Ya, you can buy abdominal binder from hospital before you discharge you can told the nurse they will charge them in your bill is a three-panel surgical it cost $56 only!

Last edited:
thanks alot - that was helpful. will check with my gynae if he provides the binder at my next check-up.

am re-considering ga c sect..guess epi maybe a better option - just gotta make sure i get a good anesthetist..

may i know who was ur anesthetist in tmc? thanks :)

apollo

i bought the binder from my gynae.. actu wanna buy from the pharmacy outside but scare i will buy the wrong one so just bought from my gynae... u can check with ur gynae if she sells? if not make sure u buy the correct one.. =)

camom

i bought the binder from my gynae.. actually wanna buy from the pharmacy outside but scare i will buy the wrong one so just bought from my gynae... you can check with your gynae if she sells? if not make sure you buy the correct one.. =)
Hospital pharmacies sell this brand "Dale". This is the one I got.

elaineyeo

thanks alot - that was helpful. will check with my gynae if he provides the binder at my next check-up.

am re-considering ga c sect..guess epi maybe a better option - just gotta make sure i get a good anesthetist..

may i know who was your anesthetist in Thomson Medical Center? thanks :)[/

Last edited:

elaineyeo

may i know who was your anesthetist in Thomson Medical Center? thanks :)

Hi, My anesthetist in Thomson Medical Center was Dr Chan Shaw Yan.