Gastric flu for 15 months baby? Anyone please share experience....

ben10

Alpha Male
Ben started vomiting last evening... at first, we thought it was due to his over-active after meal. But when he suddenly became extremely clinggy and vomited almost immediately after his water or milk, we rush him to the PD. PD diagnose him as gastric flu and stuck an anti-nausea pill into his anus & prescribe him some anti-vomit, paracetemol, running nose med.

That didn't really stop his vomiting. In fact, he puke through the night... water or milk.. anything goes in don't stay more then 15 mins. Daddy and mummy very heartpain... at least no fever detected, no diarrhea. Could be due his frequent vomiting, he's always asking for water. But we can't give him too much water... we let him sip spoon by spoon as he almost puke after too much water.

Today, after his milk, at least it stayed 2-3hrs before he puke out. I don't know should I look for another PD, go KK emergency, wait out... or do WHAT.....

Anyone have experience to share... like how long it will normally last and when should I see 2nd PD? This really quiet him down... even his favorite games / toys don't attract him anymore... :tsad:

apollo

too much for vomiting can lead to dehydration, since aft medication, he still keeps vomiting and cant even take in fluid, i think shd send him to hospital.

megtan

U can consider calling the kkh ask-a-nurse service at 19005568773, charges at 80 cents per minute. The nurses are very helpful & could give some advice whether to see doc, monitor or go down to kkh emergency if necessary.

ben10

Alpha Male
you can consider calling the Kandang Kerbau Hospital ask-a-nurse service at 19005568773, charges at 80 cents per minute. The nurses are very helpful & could give some advice whether to see doc, monitor or go down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital emergency if necessary.
Thanks... Will call. At least put my mind at rest.

ben10

Alpha Male
Called KK ask-a-nurse. Yes, they're very helpful and patient. I think makes me feel more comfortable talking to her then my PD. At least I know when I should get worried.

megtan

I've been calling them a few times past few days coz dear son came down with viral fever, went up as high as 40 degree! We went to KK emergency 2 times, the nurses and doctors there really kind and helpful.

He's been soooo cranky, clingy and no appetite at all for 4 days already :( So heartpain.

Jiayou mummy!