Gender at 16 weeks??

Hi mummies! Anyone knows if u can know the gender at wk 16th? my next scan is next thurs, but its a normal scan by gynae not by sonographer. U think he will be able to tell the sex? Also, im beginning to get really really dry n many times, runny nose now. Anyone has the same problem?:wong13:Feel so irritated by my nose..

blackpiggy

My gynae's able to tell me my baby's gender when I was 16 weeks pregnant, but she was then only 70, 80% sure. Its only until my 20 weeks detailed scan that she was able to confirm that I'm having a boy when we clearly saw his teeny weeny. But having said that, you'll have to have your baby's cooperation, I have a friend who didn't know her baby's gender until her third trimester coz her baby's hands or legs are always covering up the area. Both my 16 and 20 weeks scan are done by my gynae, not by sonographer.

I do not have any nasal problem, but I've been having alot of phlegm, sometimes cough, since my pregnancy.

jasobias

Yup gynae shld be able to tell sex..at least 80-90% accuracy. Mine all were confirmed at 12 weeks.
As for runny nose..i had tht every bloody single day.Took vitamin c also no use.Lasted throughout the pregnancy.U can see if gyane wld let u take piriton shld runny nose get really bad like mine did.

ya man! so irritating! Sometimes i wish i can just cut off my nose! And its a little swollen now:001_07: and right now, im sneezing non stop as im typing...omg..Took alot of vit C as well. Guess i gotta live with it till delivery then .

Anyway im hoping mine will be a girl coz i love pink and evythg in pink looks cute on a baby girl! but somehow i got a feeling will be a baby boy hehe...dun mind either though. Can't wait!!:wong29:

allycat

Check with your doctor about your running nose during your next visit. Besides taking vit C, drink lots of water and rest as much as possible.

if your gynae a very experienced one should be able to tell the gender by 16weeks. but do talk to your baby and tell him/her not to be shy and open the legs 'big big' hehe.. cos sometimes baby naughty don't want to show 'that' part. i found out mine at 15weeks.

as for runny nose it's common during pregnancy.. can't really be helped, mine got pretty bad and even turned to blocked nose so gotta use no spray else can't sleep at night.

bakaholic

I have like blocked nose on and off since pregnancy. It's caused by dilated blood vesels in the nose.
I do not have sinus problem in the past so hopefully it goes away after birth.

As for the gender, some gynaes can tell at 16 wks. My gynae said he dont know , could be a boy.. so vague answer. He said to wait for detailed scan. Hehe..
But i suspected it's a boy cos I became more agressive and I do not have that glow like some woman when they are carrying girls. In fact, i looked terrible.

Most impt thing is to have a healthy and normal baby. I guess gender is just a bonus.

Ashbaby

I have like blocked nose on and off since pregnancy. It's caused by dilated blood vesels in the nose.
I do not have sinus problem in the past so hopefully it goes away after birth.

As for the gender, some gynaes can tell at 16 wks. My gynae said he dont know , could be a boy.. so vague answer. He said to wait for detailed scan. Hehe..
But i suspected it's a boy cos I became more agressive and I do not have that glow like some woman when they are carrying girls. In fact, i looked terrible.

Most impt thing is to have a healthy and normal baby. I guess gender is just a bonus.
Manage to see baby gender on Wk 16. Confirm on Wk 20. I carried boy, many pple say I look much better during pregnancy.

mrs_eg

Manage to see baby gender on Wk 16. Confirm on Wk 20. I carried boy, many pple say I look much better during pregnancy.
we didnt manage to see baby's sex... I guess have to wait till baby is ready to tell... Hahaha

as for the nasal problem, isit very dry throat, sniffy nose, sometimes phlem? And it is worst during bedtime or in very cold aircon??? Feel very much like as if one is coming down wif flu???

I am also like that!!!! How?!?! Spore so hot but i need aircon, but the nasal thing gets worse in those condition!!! Anyways to soothe it?? Or cure it????

Missy Cindy

mine, i cant see the baby gender yet cos my baby is shy to show its parts to us but im awaiting to see the dynae again for baby gender. (I in 18week now)

Maybe try to talk to baby and they will listen...

Hi mummies! Thanks for all your replies! Just went to c my gynae coz having food poisoning and diarhea so put forward my apptmt. He commented most prob mine's a boy!! Coz it's quite obvious there's a teeny weeny prick there hahaa! However he said some baby girls' vulva are swollen so maybe wrong too.

Can't say I'm disappointed coz I wanted one boy and one girl anyway.but I've been looking at all those pinky stuff evyday! So was expecting a girl. Hehee still love my baby boy !

As for my bloody irritating nose prob, gynae doesn't suggest going for medication now coz when preggie better to avoid all sorts medication . He mentioned preggies at this time has a lower immune system so very easy to be allergic to certain stuff. I tried nasal strip last nite n the moment I removed it like half an hr later I get a big pimple on
my nose! Sh** ! not gonna use it again hehee

we didnt manage to see baby's sex... I guess have to wait till baby is ready to tell... Hahaha

as for the nasal problem, isit very dry throat, sniffy nose, sometimes phlem? And it is worst during bedtime or in very cold aircon??? Feel very much like as if one is coming down with flu???

I am also like that!!!! How?!?! Spore so hot but i need aircon, but the nasal thing gets worse in those condition!!! Anyways to soothe it?? Or cure it????
Mrs_eg, think it's better not to slp too
much with aircon on lei... Mine gets worse when I on aircon , I'll be sneezing non stop! plus now, I've food poisoning..sian man!I always have symptoms like yours in the middle of the nite. Damn irritating!! Keke... But I bought a purifier when I on the aircon to humidfy the dry air. I on timer for aircon for 3hrs to cool the room n humidifier. Maybe u can try? It works a little for me =)

hueychye79

Hi mummies! Anyone knows if you can know the gender at wk 16th? my next scan is next thurs, but its a normal scan by gynae not by sonographer. you think he will be able to tell the sex? Also, im beginning to get really really dry n many times, runny nose now. Anyone has the same problem?:wong13:Feel so irritated by my nose..
I know my baby sex when I am 16 weeks pregnant thru amino test due to Oscar test result not really good.

I also have cough on and off. Cough take few weeks to recover.

Lucky after give birth, my body recover very well...

mrs_eg

Mrs_eg, think it's better not to sleep too
much with aircon on lei... Mine gets worse when I on aircon , I'll be sneezing non stop! plus now, I've food poisoning..sian man!I always have symptoms like yours in the middle of the nite. Damn irritating!! Keke... But I bought a purifier when I on the aircon to humidfy the dry air. I on timer for aircon for 3hrs to cool the room n humidifier. Maybe you can try? It works a little for me =)

my body is like heater with all the enhanced pregnancy blood flow...
no aircon very very very hot leh.... I can be sweating but sneezing at the same time... cos the whole nasal tract very dry especially when breathing... faints... cannot sleep properly...
i was thinking of buying humidifier...
what brand is urs??? good??? how much??

my body is like heater with all the enhanced pregnancy blood flow...
no aircon very very very hot .... I can be sweating but sneezing at the same time... cos the whole nasal tract very dry especially when breathing... faints... cannot sleep properly...
i was thinking of buying humidifier...
what brand is urs??? good??? how much??
Ya ! my nose is super duper sensitive to dust now! I cant rem the brand of mine but i bought it at those pushcart in malls. In fact , most pushcarts in s'pore selling humidifiers r owned by them. So theres warranty too. Bought mine in tampines one, its only $59.90. BOught a basic one to try out first. Hmm given its price, i dun expect it to be fantastic , but its not bad La coz makes me breathe a little better. Actually if u dun have a budget, u may wanna get those $100-200 kind coz they wrk much better.

I heard of some friends buying humidifiers costing $1000-2000 after they have baby. wahhh....i cant bring myself to try smthg so ex.But i do intend to buy a better one soon(and not forgetting a snoogle pregnancy pillow but outta stock evywhere!) else cannot sleep!:tlaugh:

shopaholic

I first got to know my baby's gender at 12 weeks. Subsequently, it was confirmed during the 16 and 20 weeks scans. In many cases, shd be able to tell by 16 weeks.

Congrats on having a baby boy!

nightingale

We found out the gender of our baby at 15 weeks, although our gynae suggested confirming it again at the next ultrasound once more. It was so amusing - he had to 'bounce' the baby around a little in order to get a better view. I was laughing so hard, it looked really comical on the monitor screen!

I wonder how likely it is that we'd gotten it wrong - gynae said with 90% certainty it's a girl - seems possible for us to get a surprise at our next visit huh? (but I do hope it really is a girl! All the shopping possibilities!)

I was also experiencing a runny and stuffy nose at 15 weeks - when I told the gynae and he prescribed some pregnancy-safe meds, it was gone within a few days. Now I'm back to normal, let's hope it stays that way!

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Ya ! my nose is super duper sensitive to dust now! I cant rem the brand of mine but i bought it at those pushcart in malls. In fact , most pushcarts in s'pore selling humidifiers r owned by them. So theres warranty too. Bought mine in tampines one, its only $59.90. BOught a basic one to try out first. Hmm given its price, i dont expect it to be fantastic , but its not bad coz makes me breathe a little better. Actually if you dont have a budget, you may wanna get those $100-200 kind coz they wrk much better.

I heard of some friends buying humidifiers costing $1000-2000 after they have baby. wahhh....i cant bring myself to try smthg so ex.But i do intend to buy a better one soon(and not forgetting a snoogle pregnancy pillow but outta stock evywhere!) else cannot sleep!:tlaugh:
Wah... So large a price range!!! Ok i go scout ard.... Thanx