Gender myth?

little

Alpha Male
How many of you who has a GIRL have had pretty bad morning sickness and somewhat prolonged?
It seems this could be true after I researched many articles....
Women who doesnt show much signs of morning sickness tend to have boys :elvis:

jedamum

i don't have much morning sickness (i have 2 boys)....but i attribute that to the sound advice that my gyne gave me.
1. before you get out of bed in the morning, munch some biscuits.
2. before you start your bus/car journey, eat some light breakfast.

morning sickness will get worse if you have an empty stomach.

mythpeople said that having boys, the mummies' face will 'deformed' a bit (ie maybe the nose is bloated or watever), cos the hormones/testor...<dunno how to spell> of the boy clashes with the mummies. for me, i remain radiant throughout my 2 pregnancies.

missbluey

mine is a boy.

i don't have much MS throughout my pregnancy. err, my nose wasn't bloated. however, my complexion was even 10x oily than before.

Last edited:

CynCyn

When I was conceiving my boy my morning sickness was prolonged . My morning sickness was pretty bad right up till 7months plus .

aki

How many of you who has a GIRL have had pretty bad morning sickness and somewhat prolonged?
It seems this could be true after I researched many articles....
Women who doesnt show much signs of morning sickness tend to have boys :elvis:

i dun have any ms for my 1st & 3rd girl but very serious ms for 2nd girl...

i think not every baby is the same..

JenLee98

Not true lah.... I had 2 girls... no morning sickness at all .... everything as usual and not adverse to any food/smell etc. :001_302:

liteonmag

Hi there, I've just entered my 2nd trimester & I'm having a boy. I haven't had any MS so far & I really thank God for that cos I've seen frens who have had MS right up till they deliver. Sadly though my face has "deformed" according to frens & my nose has bloated too. Hopefully everything will go back to normal after delivery.

spottycow

I got 1 boy n 1 gal. I didn't get ms for either one. I also didn't get much water retention.

The only thing was that I preferred to eat western food, as I find the fragrance of Chinese food not very pleasant at the time that I was preggie.

MrsNeo

i don't have any MS too and i'm expecting a bb girl.. guess is not true. just a little myth xD haha.

cluelessmummy

I'm having a boy. Had horrible pimple breakout..on my face and chest throughout my first and 2nd trimesters. Also became "uglier"..my mother said my face "changed". Can't quite describe but I know my nose didn't increase in size (thank goodness). Some people say that women who are having boys won't be bothered to dress up nicely. I think that's true..coz I used to be quite vain in the past ;) Now I can't be bothered to put on makeup or do up my hair when I go out during the weekend.

-SRI-

hmm..my sis she hv MS till she's 2mths preg..but after tat she kept eating..gave birth to BB girl...

I'm nw going to 11wks..keep having MS...When I'm 5mths den i tell u all k...Hehehe..nw dunno the gender la...

Amulet

i doesn't even puke whn in my 1st tri.. only mild nausea which is quite managable.. n had pimple outbreak n looked uglier.. everyone tot im carrying a boy.. but hehe.. i'm carrying a girl.. :wong19:

LoVeS

For me i haf horrible MS since 6wks all the way till 8mth+ of my pregnancy BUT i haf a bb boy.:tlaugh: I tink is myth

retrobell

When I had my girl, I vomit thru out 1st trimeter and very picky on foods. my skin turned into cooking oil. :tno:

xue

i haf a boi..n i had no ms..n my skin more radiance..n face did not deform..
i guess is diff body experience diff things when our hormones change..

LoVeS

i haf a boi..n i had no ms..n my skin more radiance..n face did not deform..
i guess is diff body experience diff things when our hormones change..
:elvis::elvis::elvis: face will deform 1 ah?! I only haf super oily hair n face + slightly more pimples. Wah damn envy of u leh no MS at all n juz tinking of MS really puts me off the idea of having #2. :embarrassed:

Porukadotzu

i heard also when carrying girl the moms crave for sweet things....

i know i did!..haha...always munch those choco waffer or drink sweet...i try very hard not to hv so much sweets thou.... so one bite at a time...but in a very short time one..:tlaugh: