General Tonics

zc31

Well story goes that my kid just turned 1 in Feb 2013 and my wife is expecting our 2nd and already 3mths into it.

I"m concerned for her health in general, her energy and "qi" that kinda thing.

Would love sharing on better preparing her body for the 2nd child and for her personal wellness.

Or am i too anxious? :(

Qookie

As all moms here would probably say, it's great that we have such concerned husbands/fathers like you! ;) Good on you, your wife and your kids!

Personally i believe, folic acid is your best bet. I think taking Chinese medicine/herbs/tonics wouldn't be ideal, as it might mix with whatever your wife's gynae is giving her. Chinese and english medicine/herbs/tonic, cannot anyhow mix.

I guess if i have a no.2, i would want my husband to help out with the household chores and no.1, so that i can get more rest. Maybe a prenatal massage from time to time as well?

Good luck on your wife's pregnancy!

zc31

Thanks for your advice. She's on the usual vitamins and salmon oil from gynae. Was contemplating something from Eu Yan Sang TCM clinic.
Perhaps will just brew soup for her, like black bean, etc....

Currently on the lookout for good maids to help out so meanwhile my nights are spent doing all the housework which she bonds with my little kid.

sicapie

From what I heard, you start start giving her tonic drink once she hits 2nd trimester. But try to avoid those strong tonic. Normal chicken soup and chicken essence should do the job.

zc31

ya already brewing chicken /other soup with some herbs for her alrdy.

Just exploring more options.