getting depressed soon

fairylynne

Hey all, im a ttc woman too.. But having pcos and overweight.. Making it tough.. Super depressing.. Cos there is no ovulation. Seen tcm.. Who advised to take med... She gauged ovulation period but when i tested still no ovulation. Why is getting preg soooo tough?does reducing weight really help pcos? Anyone has fast methods/remedies to lose weight ao that i can conceive?

Heather

Hello there.. Pcos is a common problem and many women with Pcos have been pregnant.. I have a close friend who is overweight due to Pcos n unable to get pregnant.. She has taken it positively n getting herself treated with a RE.. See a RE first who will be able to diagnose ur problem and treat you accordingly.. Don't worry everything will be ok..

mosqeetoh

Hi there i have pcos and had my second child last mth so what is meant to be is not impossible.
Be positive and stop thinking and stressing ur self at getting pregnant. The added stress will just make conceiving
even harder!

Yes losing weight does make things easier for pcos ladies.
There's no easy way I've been thru it for the past 15 yrs!
Try to adopt a healthy lifestyle. I know our hormones make everything so much more difficult but push on!

fairylynne

Hello there.. Pcos is a common problem and many women with Pcos have been pregnant.. I have a close friend who is overweight due to Pcos n unable to get pregnant.. She has taken it positively n getting herself treated with a RE.. See a RE first who will be able to diagnose ur problem and treat you accordingly.. Don't worry everything will be ok..
Hey heather,
Whats RE?

fairylynne

Hi there i have pcos and had my second child last mth so what is meant to be is not impossible.
Be positive and stop thinking and stressing ur self at getting pregnant. The added stress will just make conceiving
even harder!

Yes losing weight does make things easier for pcos ladies.
There's no easy way I've been thru it for the past 15 yrs!
Try to adopt a healthy lifestyle. I know our hormones make everything so much more difficult but push on!
Hey mosqeetoh,
What did u do to get preg? Did u avoid any food or seen doc? Cant help feeling stress as friends/colleagues ard me all getting preg...

katsg

Hey all, im a ttc woman too.. But having pcos and overweight.. Making it tough.. Super depressing.. Cos there is no ovulation. Seen tcm.. Who advised to take med... She gauged ovulation period but when i tested still no ovulation. Why is getting preg soooo tough?does reducing weight really help pcos? Anyone has fast methods/remedies to lose weight ao that i can conceive?
How long had u been trying? Try to lose weight if you are obese or overweight. It does helps a lot! ;)

etep9114

Hi!

I am also a PCOS patient. For me, being disciplined is the key to treat my PCOS. I was on soupy diet, like fishball noodle soup, Yong Tau Hu soup and drink only plain water. Tried to consume bottled green tea but it's really too sweet for me.

Going on TCM treatment do help but it's after I consulted the 2nd TCM sensei.

Going around the neighbourhood or shopping center for a walk with hub after meals could be one of simple exercise that you might want to consider.

There is no short cut to PCOS.

happymood

I had a few bad experience with tcms already. Be careful of those that keep asking you to come back follow up treatment or ask you to take packages. Best to get recommended ones from close friends

mosqeetoh

Hey mosqeetoh,
What did u do to get preg? Did u avoid any food or seen doc? Cant help feeling stress as friends/colleagues ard me all getting preg...
Hi there, i think it's critical to adopt a healthy lifestyle and it's a gd idea to see a doc if u havent. I exercised daily and eliminated sweet and oily food. replaced rice with wholemeal bread.

I saw a doc when I first suspected of having pcos. I was on hormones pill for 6 mths and managed to conceive my 1st child. After first pregnancy, put back on the weight cuz didnt take care of my health.

after 11 yrs lost weight again and got pregnant with 2nd child. So for my case it's keeping the weight off.
Like others said, there's no short cut for pcos. need lots of discipline and self control. I'm sure u can do it!

fairylynne

I had pcos in 2003.. Was given hormone pills but got bad effects and stopped totally as i wasnt into family planning... Now that im married and wants to conceive.. I realised its v tough.. Started seeing tcm to tiao my body.. Tcm doesnt push to get package but wants me to go back every 2 weeks after the medication.. Also started to slowly exercise but cannot run cos too heavy.. Its so sad to eat light food but i will try!!

etep9114

TCM will help but you've got to help yourself too.

Please also note that even after you have conceived, you are also expected to go on strict diet and not like what others said, you can start eating for 2. Due to PCOS, whatever you eat might cause complications in your pregnancy. You must know that we are more likely to get Gestational diabetic than anyone else.

I guess you should start going to CCs and join their yoga classes. It'll be less stressful for your legs and it's able to stretch your whole body. All the best!

I had pcos in 2003.. Was given hormone pills but got bad effects and stopped totally as i wasnt into family planning... Now that im married and wants to conceive.. I realised its v tough.. Started seeing tcm to tiao my body.. Tcm doesnt push to get package but wants me to go back every 2 weeks after the medication.. Also started to slowly exercise but cannot run cos too heavy.. Its so sad to eat light food but i will try!!

gingertea

hi, everyone here have a set of problems. and many of us are seeking for the best way to conceive. eating healthy, relax and chill down helps. exercise such as walking helps to control weight. To loss weigh, we need to sweat and work out and eat wisely. i am also on plus size and have been trying many years to conceive. i am on TCM gor few months and going on leave fr 3 months to chill dosn. Work have been to stress for me. Dont give up!! there's always sunshine after rain!!

Ekari

does losing weight really help in conceiving? And TS, stay strong! I am sure you'll get your turn soon! Never give up~ If it's hard, then it just feels that extra special when you eventually conceive!

andieluv2

Ekari:657443 said:
does losing weight really help in conceiving? And TS, stay strong! I am sure you'll get your turn soon! Never give up~ If it's hard, then it just feels that extra special when you eventually conceive!
of course losing weight does really.help!! thou i dun have.pcos, i am grossly obese, weighing at 91kg before i got preg. i was 104kg before i started.worrying abt my health. my menses.was so irregular, like once every 2-3 months. after did yoga and lost abt 10-13kg, my menses went so regular 28-31day cycle. me and my.husband tried for 1-2months and i got pregnant. due to my weight and family.history i had gesrtational diabetes but with diet contrl, regular yoga session and lots of walking, both me and my girl was fine!! i juz gave birth to my girl last month and she.was healthy!.so dun stop trying!! dun get stress! wat i suggest is that take.some time off to go over and try! who knows u may be.bck with.3 whn.u went with 2!!!

Hi Fairylynn,

Don't get depressed. Sometimes I think its a psychoological issue. I have heard countless of my friends telling me they TTC dunno how long and this and that, and the outcome is ALWAYS 100% the same - they get pregnant the moment they gave up trying.
Strange right? I guess, fate lah.
I have been TTC-ing for like 3 years? Got auto immune disease related to skin issue (been on immunosuppressant to reduce my over-active white blood cells)
Previously my menses volume was ok but I only have menses every 6 weeks. After I was on the immunosuppressant for a few months, my menses become every 28 days, but super low amount. Sometimes its gone after a day!! And I only change pad like twice and its not even half filled! Not sure if its due to my medication, no proof of it lor.

Now seeing TCM doctor. So far, for the past 2 months seemed normal. We also went to see gynae, did scans, blood test and my husband had sperm count done. Report of his sperm count not exactly fantastic but not very bad either..and till date, no news.

I also sian liao lah. I actually not very enthu about kids, but husband want. He is 37 and I am 32...now we are like, anything, whatever...have then have lah...no money for IVF so suan le

gingertea

about menses blood volume

I was told by my gyn that volume of mense doesn't related to fertility. The blood are those lining that we shed.. and it isn't a large volume.. I was worried when I was on injection. And was ensured by my gynecologist. U can check again if u need to be sure.

quincy1986

no worries fairylynne
i've been through check ups and everything normal. married for 2 years already. no bb still !

research has shown that healthy lifestyle (including exercising) does help in boosting fertility.

at least i think u know where your problem lies.

for me i am clueless. all doctors insisting i am ok but i have no good news for myself at all.

katsg

Hi Fairylynn,

Don't get depressed. Sometimes I think its a psychoological issue. I have heard countless of my friends telling me they TTC dunno how long and this and that, and the outcome is ALWAYS 100% the same - they get pregnant the moment they gave up trying.
Strange right? I guess, fate lah.
I have been TTC-ing for like 3 years? Got auto immune disease related to skin issue (been on immunosuppressant to reduce my over-active white blood cells)
Previously my menses volume was ok but I only have menses every 6 weeks. After I was on the immunosuppressant for a few months, my menses become every 28 days, but super low amount. Sometimes its gone after a day!! And I only change pad like twice and its not even half filled! Not sure if its due to my medication, no proof of it lor.

Now seeing TCM doctor. So far, for the past 2 months seemed normal. We also went to see gynae, did scans, blood test and my husband had sperm count done. Report of his sperm count not exactly fantastic but not very bad either..and till date, no news.

I also sian liao lah. I actually not very enthu about kids, but husband want. He is 37 and I am 32...now we are like, anything, whatever...have then have lah...no money for IVF so suan le
Don't worry about menses volume. I aso had very little menses flow but I still manage to conceive and now my bb is already 10 mths old. Just relax and keep on trying...:)

mybabyhope

I been TTC for 2 years! Now each time I SEE my menses! I cry! Really depressed. Quit my job to try for a baby but till date NOTHING. My friends around me all got pregnant within like 1-2 months of trying? Actually I really don't know what is wrong? Why we have it so HARD!