Getting pregnant while breastfeeding?

Pink daisy

Any mum experiencing the above?
Coz generally fully bf mom will not get her period after a year or so.
Any mommies care to share their experiences?
Also, what are the tell tale signs, and how do you come to realize when you gettin' preggy again

My Destiny

I got preggie when my boy was 10mths and I was still fully breastfeeding him directly. Anyway, we were planning for 2nd one cos getting old...

Its very possible to get preggie. My period came when my boy was abt 7mths think cos he was starting on semi-solids so drank lesser milk.

-|MiN|-

Hi,
Have you menses come back? Mine came back straight after confinement even though I was on exclusive bfg. Gynae advised that getting pregnant was possible since I was menstruating. However, I did not get pregnant till I stopped bfg after 13mths. Strike on the 1st cycle after milk production closed down. Now expecting #2. Generally, chances of getting pregnant while on total bfg is very low. Chances of getting pregnant increases if you are on partial bfg and/or menses returned.

Pink daisy

Hi,
Have you menses come back? Mine came back straight after confinement even though I was on exclusive bfg. Gynae advised that getting pregnant was possible since I was menstruating. However, I did not get pregnant till I stopped bfg after 13mths. Strike on the 1st cycle after milk production closed down. Now expecting #2. Generally, chances of getting pregnant while on total bfg is very low. Chances of getting pregnant increases if you are on partial bfg and/or menses returned.
Yep, the nurses are telling me not bcoz you're breastfeed you're safe, it's just that the chances are very low, coz last time i had these preggie 'symptoms' while breastfd, in the end it's a (-) when i tested using the kit :mtongue: