Giddy during pregnancy?

iwan2noe

Hi Hi,

Does any one feel dizzy or giddy during pregnancy.
Ytd, after I visited the toilet, I felt giddy throughout the night and it persist until today. Don't know what happen.

I know that most mtbs take iron pills but my gynae didnt prescribe me for iron, then i got bleeding og the gum..is this the cause of my giddiness?

Anyone face similar problem as I do?:nah:

kuchilek

I also experienced a fainting spell on Sunday. Suddenly, felt very giddy, broke out in cold sweat and felt like my feet was going to give way. Then on Monday, I had a similar experience but a very mild version.

I went to the gynea to have it checked out. Everything was ok. Blood pressure was normal too. According to gynea, when we are pregnant, the blood flows to many directions, particularly the womb. Sometimes, we could be sensitive and felt giddy. So he advised me to sit down whenever I feel giddy and then put my head between my legs so that the heart is at a position where it is higher than the head. After a while, it will be back to normal. He also gave me some time to rest as he said it could also be caused by stress. After resting for 2 days, I felt a lot better and so far did not experience the fainting spell again.

FYI, I am also not on any specific iron pills. Just the normal multi-vitamins.

iwan2noe

I also experienced a fainting spell on Sunday. Suddenly, felt very giddy, broke out in cold sweat and felt like my feet was going to give way. Then on Monday, I had a similar experience but a very mild version.

I went to the gynea to have it checked out. Everything was ok. Blood pressure was normal too. According to gynea, when we are pregnant, the blood flows to many directions, particularly the womb. Sometimes, we could be sensitive and felt giddy. So he advised me to sit down whenever I feel giddy and then put my head between my legs so that the heart is at a position where it is higher than the head. After a while, it will be back to normal. He also gave me some time to rest as he said it could also be caused by stress. After resting for 2 days, I felt a lot better and so far did not experience the fainting spell again.

FYI, I am also not on any specific iron pills. Just the normal multi-vitamins.
Thanks kuchilek!
i think i will try what u have done... =)
Btw, how many weeks into pregnancy r u currently at now?

iwan2noe

I am currently 25 weeks. What about you?
Hi kuchilek,

I am in my 21st week.. My gynae also didnt presecrib me with iron or calcium pills. HE told me to drink 2 glasses of milk daily and if need to, i can get iron pills from the pharmacy....

Which gynae are u seeing may I know? :)

WinnieL

I felt a little faint during office meeting this morning. but other than that, it was fine. i've had giddy spells during my 1st trimester, but that subsided until today. guess it's back again.

iwan2noe

I felt a little faint during office meeting this morning. but other than that, it was fine. i've had giddy spells during my 1st trimester, but that subsided until today. guess it's back again.
Hi WinnieL,

I also experienced giddiness a few days back..
think it is normal.. checked with my gynae he said that if i feel giddy, it may be my blood sugar is low.. Try taking some drink or food that got sugar.. Note, don't take food that has artificial sweetener as it does not contain sugar and wont help in alleviating giddiness..

Hope this help :)

Take care ya!

kuchilek

Hi kuchilek,

I am in my 21st week.. My gynae also didnt presecrib me with iron or calcium pills. HE told me to drink 2 glasses of milk daily and if need to, i can get iron pills from the pharmacy....

Which gynae are you seeing may I know? :)
Hi iwan2noe,

I am seeing Dr Thong at RH. If you are experiencing a lot of dizziness, you might want to ask your gynea about taking a blood count test. The test can tell whether you are anemic, which can cause dizziness.

iwan2noe

Hi iwan2noe,

I am seeing Dr Thong at RH. If you are experiencing a lot of dizziness, you might want to ask your gynea about taking a blood count test. The test can tell whether you are anemic, which can cause dizziness.
Hi kuchilek,

Thanks alot! =)
My giddy spells only happen once a blue moon, so i guess it should be ok.. My blood pressure last measured by my gyane is normal..
But I am still v thankful for your advice! :)

If my condition worsen (touchwood) i will request for my gynae to do a blood cout test for me =P