Gleneagle or TMC?

sassyiril

Hello mummies!! :)
Im 6-7weeks pregnant.. need your suggestion & advice... hehe.

Which one is better? Gleneagle or TMC? And which gynae is recommended? thanks!

MamaLve

Hihi Sassyiril,
I'm also looking for a gynae.

But mine are earlier than you, not sure if I'm too kiasu to consult for gynae.

Thanks. =)

sassyiril

hehe... u must be first time mummy right? so its ok to be kiasu just like me! hehe.. :001_302:

me too looking for a good gynae.. thought of taking TMC but hubby's friend says TMC not so good. if let's say they don't have any necessary equipment, they will still refer you to KKH. Unlike Gleneagle. Not sure true or not.. So that's why I need suggestion & advice. :p

MamaLve

Haha.. Ya.. first time mummy.

Serious? I still thought of going to Thomson Medical. I boycott KK Hospital already due to the recent case.

If that's true, then I will opt for Glen E den.

MamaLve

My friends just recommend me to consult gynae at Gleneagles with DR. KW Lee.

Having good feedback from two of my friends. Hope this helps.

Will keep you guys posted after I meet him this saturday morning for further recommendation. =)

Cheers & can't wait to see bb!! =)

Smurfete

Haha.. Ya.. first time mummy.

Serious? I still thought of going to Thomson Medical. I boycott KK Hospital already due to the recent case.

If that's true, then I will opt for Glen E den.
I choose GlenE for several reasons. More choices of good gynae, GlenE is so-called high class hospital (only 2nd to Mt E), the name of hospital will appear on baby BC

Gleneagle Hospital is good only in service. Great food, friendly staff and nice ambience. But technically sucks! It gives me a drastically wrong detailed scan report, a wrong glucose diagnose and wrong blood pressure measurement.

(1) The scan report said I have major placenta praevia and that my placenta will almost never move up. This means I could not go for natural delivery. And worse still, the report also said my placenta is anterior and so it would be a highly dangerous c-sect. It will be a lot of blood loss (I am already anaemic) and high chance that I need to have my womb removed to save my life in the operations. In worse case (and likely) scenario, I will die at the operating theatre. I am devastated at this news. I spent my CNY in tears because it will be my last CNY and I will not be able to see my baby. This is my first pregnancy.

After the CNY, my gynae redo the test 3 times. My placenta is posterior and normal. There is no sign of a low-lying placenta, not to mention of a major placenta preavia.

(2) Subsequently, I also go for my OGTT also in Gleneagles. Report said I have gestational diabetets which further tests show no sign of abnormal sugar contents in my blood (So, I go through the needle poking torture for nothing).

(3) After delivery, I was told I got low blood pressure. When my gynae re-examine me, she confirms that this is again untrue.

The emotional distress is so tremendous after the detailed scan which no words can describe. I regret going for the detailed scan and certainly regret for choosing Gleneagles.

MamaLve

I choose GlenE for several reasons. More choices of good gynae, GlenE is so-called high class hospital (only 2nd to Mt E), the name of hospital will appear on baby BC

Gleneagle Hospital is good only in service. Great food, friendly staff and nice ambience. But technically sucks! It gives me a drastically wrong detailed scan report, a wrong glucose diagnose and wrong blood pressure measurement.

(1) The scan report said I have major placenta praevia and that my placenta will almost never move up. This means I could not go for natural delivery. And worse still, the report also said my placenta is anterior and so it would be a highly dangerous c-sect. It will be a lot of blood loss (I am already anaemic) and high chance that I need to have my womb removed to save my life in the operations. In worse case (and likely) scenario, I will die at the operating theatre. I am devastated at this news. I spent my CNY in tears because it will be my last CNY and I will not be able to see my baby. This is my first pregnancy.

After the CNY, my gynae redo the test 3 times. My placenta is posterior and normal. There is no sign of a low-lying placenta, not to mention of a major placenta preavia.

(2) Subsequently, I also go for my OGTT also in Gleneagles. Report said I have gestational diabetets which further tests show no sign of abnormal sugar contents in my blood (So, I go through the needle poking torture for nothing).

(3) After delivery, I was told I got low blood pressure. When my gynae re-examine me, she confirms that this is again untrue.

The emotional distress is so tremendous after the detailed scan which no words can describe. I regret going for the detailed scan and certainly regret for choosing Gleneagles.

Which Gynae you opt for? Sound scary, but most of my friends are fine with Gleneagles.

Smurfete

Which Gynae you opt for? Sound scary, but most of my friends are fine with Gleneagles.
My gynae is Ang Huai Yan. If I were to have 2nd baby, I will still go to Dr. Ang. But she doesn't deliver in Mt E. TMC and MtA are out for me. (Sorry, a bit status conscious).

jenny2011

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if it is a norm for a gynae to call you to explain abt the blood test result ( Normal result in this case) instead of asking you to visit her for briefing of report?