Good Cough PD?

Starbat11

Dear all,

can you pls suggest some good cough PD? My son has been coughing since last Fri. The cough is rather phelgmy and he chokes on his milk. =( He vomitted a few times cos of that. =( Brought him to Dr EK Ong on Mon. However, the cough still sounds phelgmy. He still chokes on his milk.

Shd I wait longer or bring him to another PD? Any suggestions on good cough PD?

Many thanks

msblur

Dear all,

can you pls suggest some good cough pediatrician? My son has been coughing since last Fri. The cough is rather phelgmy and he chokes on his milk. =( He vomitted a few times cos of that. =( Brought him to Dr EK Ong on Mon. However, the cough still sounds phelgmy. He still chokes on his milk.

should I wait longer or bring him to another pediatrician? Any suggestions on good cough pediatrician?

Many thanks

Hi,

There's a gd one at AMK, near to Courts. He's gd with children with bronchotis (nt sure whether spelling correct or nt). Can go check it out. :)
For me i brought my gal to ABC at Hougang.

diymummy

A friend taught me this, is to cup your hands and pat your child's back and chest. Do it for abt 10 mins and a few times a day. After a day or two, your child will cough out the phlegm.

My son gets phlegmy too and this really works for him.

Did the doctor prescribe you flumicil? It is a pretty good med to dissolve phlegm.

My son is currently seeing a pd who doesn't allow me to use a nebuliser because he believes in letting the body recover on its own. If you're interseted, I can give you his addy. PM me if keen.

msblur

A friend taught me this, is to cup your hands and pat your child's back and chest. Do it for about 10 mins and a few times a day. After a day or two, your child will cough out the phlegm.

My son gets phlegmy too and this really works for him.

Did the doctor prescribe you flumicil? It is a pretty good med to dissolve phlegm.

My son is currently seeing a pediatrician who doesn't allow me to use a nebuliser because he believes in letting the body recover on its own. If you're interseted, I can give you his addy. PM me if keen.

Hi,

My PD taught me this too. And he ask me to ask my gal to bend forward while i pat her back. My gal is on fluimucil too, and it works on her. :)

Starbat11

My PD din prescribe flumicil. Not sure if its cos he is too young? He is 10 mths old nw. He is on mucsolvan syrup for phelgm.

apollo

ds is seeing Dr EK Ong too. he is very good at treating cough. hmm actu cough needs 1 week to fully recover and the phelgm needs ard 1-2 weeks to fully clear. not so fast to clear. since he just see PD on mon, y not u just observe? now is only wed, 2 days is too short for phelgm to clear. =)

Ting

i agree with apollo, come on, even adult's cough also dont recover that quickly.
i dont think your doc only gv u 2 days med right?
u shld wait at least one week b4 u decide.

Starbat11

Well, I guess its mother's instinct. Know that Dr Ong is a good PD but somehow after these few days, my boi's cough didnt improve. Luckily, I brought him back to the PD again. Cos, his cough is indeed worsening and he got another set of medicine to clear his chesty phelgm.