Good news: Using Baby bonus to purchase breast pump

honeybabe

Hi lyra,

thanks for the information, it is really useful. I will wait till baby is born to decide if i need a pump. thanks so much!

verieying

Hi parents,
nderstand fr promoter at kk that breastpump is for mum y, so cant use cda to pay. diapers, milk powder etc is for babies so can use cda. FYI.

lyra

Not true! I asked the medela promoter, she said can but I didn't buy the pump. I bought the storage bag and ice pack using CDA card. Maybe the promoter is new? or KKH change rule?
Must verify!

Hi parents,
nderstand fr promoter at kk that breastpump is for mum y, so cant use cda to pay. diapers, milk powder etc is for babies so can use cda. FYI.

verieying

Not true! I asked the medela promoter, she said can but I didn't buy the pump. I bought the storage bag and ice pack using CDA card. Maybe the promoter is new? or Kandang Kerbau Hospital change rule?
Must verify!
Really? i asked the medela promoter too! that is why i end up buying it from outside as it was cheaper outside.. if not i wld hv bought at kk... anyway mummies pls chk as it was a few weeksago when i asked...

lyra

U should have asked at the pharmacy payment counter. Many parents queuing infront of me buying things like baby wipes, diaper, maternity pads etc and all can be paid with the CDA card. So I thought everything at the pharmacy can be bought with the card.

Really? i asked the medela promoter too! that is why i end up buying it from outside as it was cheaper outside.. if not i wld hv bought at kk... anyway mummies pls chk as it was a few weeksago when i asked...

I did check out about a month ago at the cashier and has been told the same like Verieying...bump is for mum and not for baby so cannot pay from CDA card.. other stuff like diapers and baby related product then only can pay by CDA card

Not true! I asked the medela promoter, she said can but I didn't buy the pump. I bought the storage bag and ice pack using CDA card. Maybe the promoter is new? or KKH change rule?
Must verify!

lyra

Huh I also bought mine a month ago... then why can I purchase the cooler bag and ice pack? The cashier just said ok and charge everything to the card.

I did check out about a month ago at the cashier and has been told the same like Verieying...bump is for mum and not for baby so cannot pay from CDA card.. other stuff like diapers and baby related product then only can pay by CDA card

haha.. different cashier got different SOP ? :p
It is good your transaction can go through :)... I think it is always better to ask first before we buy when we are there..

Huh I also bought mine a month ago... then why can I purchase the cooler bag and ice pack? The cashier just said ok and charge everything to the card.

lyra

Haha. But the restriction is a bit silly isn't it? If you can buy formula milk to feed baby using the card, why can't you buy pump to pump out breast milk to feed baby? Ultimately, it is for baby. -.-"

haha.. different cashier got different SOP ? :p
It is good your transaction can go through :)... I think it is always better to ask first before we buy when we are there..

I agree.... but if they insist.. what can we do. It is true.. breast bump is used by mummy but the output is ultimately for the baby consumption..

Haha. But the restriction is a bit silly isn't it? If you can buy formula milk to feed baby using the card, why can't you buy pump to pump out breast milk to feed baby? Ultimately, it is for baby. -.-"

Arms wide open

I can confirm this, cuz I used the CDA card to buy some necessities like diapers,milk,medicines in the Pharmacy during my child's stay in KKH as last time she was warded due to some observation. Just use it like you use the normal ATM NETS.
Hi, the baby is due in May 2012, how do i apply for this CDA card? tks / this is the first child
tks

Rukia

Besides kkh, can we use Cda to purchase for things bot from tmc pharmacy? It is more convenient since i m giving birth there. Anyone knows?

verieying

Besides kkh, can we use Cda to purchase for things bot from tmc pharmacy? It is more convenient since i m giving birth there. Anyone knows?
Hi Rukia, iirc, I don't think so. but u can refer baby bonus website for full listing. I know polyclinics pharmacies also can.