Grinding teeth while sleeping

sunburst

My son who will be 26mths this month have been grinding his teeth at night when he is sleeping. This has been going on for about a month. Sometimes it is so bad that I can hear his teeth grinding although he sleeps on a mattress on the floor while I sleep on my bed... My hubby is nearer to the mattress.

I am really concerned that he will damage his teeth... Any suggestions on what I should do? I've already tried the old wives tale of letting him bite a wooden spatula & using his shoe to tap each side of his cheeks... Getting very worried so I just tried it but don't seem to work.

rainbow123

Why dun you give a call to the dentist and ask if they can do mouth guard for 26month old toddler ?
The mouth guard will protect the teeth from further damage .

dflora

my 18 mth old son has been grinding his teeth since many months ago.. cant even remember when. I tried searching the web and it seems like there's specific reason for the cause. Only mentioning that it will gradually go away..

By the way, my hubby also has a habit of teeth grinding in his sleep. So imagine when both of them teeth grind at the same time, it's like being forced to listen to bad orchestra.... :(

sunburst

I hope it will gradually go away soon coz I doubt even if the dentist can make the mouthguard, my boy won't want to wear it!