GSS! time to shop for baby!

im in my 22nd week now. so my mum told me its time to shop for my baby girl. didnt bought much previously at the baby expo fair. and i realised baby expo fair = not fair lor! things are so much more expensive!

yesterday went to bought tolly joy milk bottles from united kids. they having 15% storewide. i bought 2 milk bottles and 1 for water + 1 teat at $13+ after discount! kinda cheap. but i saw BHG having 20% off. but selective items. not sure if the milk bottles are on offer.

bought baby girl new born clothes from kiddy palace at very cheap oso! i didnt go for the branded ones. i just chose those plain coloured ones with simple designs. bought 4 sets. top and bottom, long sleeve and short sleeve + 2 mittens set @ $30+. they having 15% also!

i think very wu hua to buy now. if not usual time buy quite expensive.
hehe. so happy that i bought most of the things for her le. so next few months no need worry!

btw. BHG having baby nappy liners pigeon brand on offer. 2box $12.90. seems quite cheap. but i didnt get. cos mum told me wait till later part.!

1st time mummy here. to be able to shop for my baby girl the feeling is wonderful. ^^

so mummies go shopping now! GSS everywhere! worth buying!

hi miss melody, can you share what other things did you buy for your baby gal? I am in my 25 weeks now and i realise i still havent buy a lot of things for my baby boy. seems like got to catch up a lot of shopping. Happy shopping mummies!

apollo

during GSS i think the thing ur shd keep a lookout shd be those ex ones lik steriliser, baby highchair, baby cot, stoller etc.. cos if those storewide 20% or disc applies on all these big and ex items, more wu hua to buy. hehe.. :001_302:

sterliser got discount! but i nv buy. cos my mum say no need yet. all the big bulky items i didnt get yet. later very squeezy at home + still early see got people hand me down anot. haha. :tlaugh:

er bubble. i bought the very basics.

-2milk bottle
-1 water bottle
-milk powder container
-extra teats
-milk bottle brush
-baby body power container( the soft soft thingy inside )
-1 set hat
-lots of booties and mittens <- mum say important for inital few months
- long sleeve tops
-long pants that cover the feets as well
-1 overall
-5 cloth diapers( - i bought at expo fair cos discount that time but now i realise 20% cheaper !! but i didnt stock up more in case i dont get use to cloth nappy diapers)

should be thats all for now. my mum say b4 i give birth 1-2 months then start buying the baby oil, baby powder, baby rash cream, baby wipes, cotton balls( wipe their pipi) , baby face towels/bath towels, pamers day/night, cloth diapers liner. and their bids i haven get. and also our sanitary pads and socks to wear at home. ( socks i saw united kids got sell for mummy, its like wear in flat shoes, very comfy. worth buying)

also not sure if i miss out anything. but i got my mum to help. so should be ok. haha :Dancing_tongue:

apollo

sterliser got discount! but i never buy. cos my mum say no need yet. all the big bulky items i didnt get yet. later very squeezy at home + still early see got people hand me down anot. haha. :tlaugh:

er bubble. i bought the very basics.

-2milk bottle
-1 water bottle
water bottle dun nd for the 1st 6mths. cos 1st 6mth, aby dun nd to drink any water at all other than MILK =)
-milk powder container
-extra teats
-milk bottle brush
-baby body power container( the soft soft thingy inside )
dun use powder, use lotion. powder is not safe and goo for babies. cos they will inhale the powder. use baby lotion =)
-1 set hat
-lots of booties and mittens <- mum say important for inital few months
- long sleeve tops
-long pants that cover the feets as well
-1 overall
-5 cloth diapers( - i bought at expo fair cos discount that time but now i realise 20% cheaper !! but i didnt stock up more in case i dont get use to cloth nappy diapers)

should be thats all for now. my mum say before i give birth 1-2 months then start buying the baby oil, baby powder, baby rash cream, baby wipes, cotton balls( wipe their pipi) , baby face towels/bath towels, pamers day/night, cloth diapers liner. and their bids i have not get. and also our sanitary pads and socks to wear at home. ( socks i saw united kids got sell for mummy, its like wear in flat shoes, very comfy. worth buying)

also not sure if i miss out anything. but i got my mum to help. so should be ok. haha :Dancing_tongue:
my replies are in red. ehhh y didnt u get the steriliser? if is cheap can buy 1st. but horr if buy now u have to try 1st see if is wking well. if not u try when u're going to due soon, if *touchwood* spoil, cannot change liaooo :tlaugh:

lol. ya i will buy lotion also. i think powder is when baby bigger alittle bah. the water bottle cheap. so buy first. haha. seriously my mum say no need sterliser. she say troublesome. i think old people dont really like such things. i told her if initial stage after giving birth i cant cope then she have to go buy for me le. she say by then then say. hhahah

whitecat

Alpha Male
hi miss melody, can you share what other things did you buy for your baby gal? I am in my 25 weeks now and i realise i still havent buy a lot of things for my baby boy. seems like got to catch up a lot of shopping. Happy shopping mummies!
Wldn't go on a wild buying spree yet if I were u. Just get basic necessities for daily usage 1st (bottles/steriliser/nappy rash cream/lotion/pampers). Getting every single thingy in mind will only waste $$. Each baby reacts to diff products. U may assumed it's suitable for them, but may not be the case vv. My personal opinion thru experiences; hving 2 kids now.

apollo

lol. ya i will buy lotion also. i think powder is when baby bigger alittle bah. the water bottle cheap. so buy first. haha. seriously my mum say no need sterliser. she say troublesome. i think old people dont really like such things. i told her if initial stage after giving birth i cant cope then she have to go buy for me . she say by then then say. hhahah
den hw u going to sterilise the bottles? during 1st 6mths, sterilise of bottle is needed. unless u're using boiling method =)

Perhaps, a pair of legwarmers will come in handy. It's a popular item among mothers now as some big shopping malls are quite cold for babies.

Kindly check out my blog if you are interested.

Boiling bottles the traditional method is good if you have time. From my experience, a steriliser saves alot of time and hassel. Simply wash the bottle clean then pop into the steriliser (then do whatever the manuel instructs) and off you go and relax.:bcute: