Gynaecologists?

Andromeda

Hi everyone!
I've just confirmed my pregnancy today!
I'm 4 weeks on, still early but I need some help in the following.

(1) Is it too early for me to find a gynae now?
(2) Can I just walk into KKH for example or do I need appts?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated! :):Dancing_wub:

Mini Potato

I think it might be too early for a gynae now, doubt you will be able to see anything.

Probably you might like to wait around 6-8 weeks to detect the sac / heartbeat.

I saw my gynae when I was 3 weeks. He didn't bother do a scan but he did blood tests about 4 of them within the following week and a half to check that the baby levels are increasing and to check my hormone level. Then he used the baby growth rate to determine the best time to come in to start scanning.

You will also need folic acid and calcium.

No harm seeing now. But not for a scan until at least 6 weeks.

Andromeda

Thanks so much!
My first appt with Dr Irene Chua (KKH) is on 19th Nov 2010.
Was seeing her for something else then realise I am pregnant so I just keep the appt ;)

blsc78

Hi everyone!
I've just confirmed my pregnancy today!
I'm 4 weeks on, still early but I need some help in the following.

(1) Is it too early for me to find a gynae now?
(2) Can I just walk into Kandang Kerbau Hospital for example or do I need appts?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated! :Dancing_wub:
Pls look for a gynae immediately. Though you can't see anything yet, but in case any bleeding or anything abnormal (touchwood), you will know who to look for. I was like you, dunno what to do in my previous pregnancy. I went to gp and that dummy doctor told me to wait till fetus visible then look for a gynae. While waiting, one fine afternoon, without any symptom, I was bleeding profusely. I rushed KK Maternal A&E and ask if I could get priority to visit a doctor first. But sadly, the only thing they told me is that "everybody here is bleeding, so just sit and wait for your turn." True enough, while waiting for my turn, my fetus just fall out in one of my toilet trip and it was just gone like that. So this time round, the moment I tested positive, I went straight to a gynae. Thank god for my decision this round, cos I had spotting again the next day I tested positive.

Andromeda

BLSC
Thanks for your advice dear! As such, the earliest appt for me is 19th.
But glad this time round, you have a gynae to depend on now! How far along are u now??

want to b a mum
Hubby already asking me to take folic acid! :D Congrats to u too!
your EDD isnt very far from mine! ;)

Thank you :)
Think my dosage of folic acid is 5000 which is much more than the 400 you take before pregnancy. Also my gynae said no shopping and exercise so mean time take it easy!!

want to b a mum
Hubby already asking me to take folic acid! :D Congrats to you too!
your EDD isnt very far from mine! ;)[/QUOTE]

blsc78

BLSC
Thanks for your advice dear! As such, the earliest appt for me is 19th.
But glad this time round, you have a gynae to depend on now! How far along are you now??

want to b a mum
Hubby already asking me to take folic acid! :D Congrats to you too!
your EDD isnt very far from mine! ;)
No prob, if you need any assistance in the meantime, do not hesitate to call your gynae even though you may not met him or her yet:) I'm in my 32 weeks now.