Gynea confirm boy, but will it turn out to be girl?

maneo0302

Hi mummies. I'm thinking of this question.
My gynea says my baby is 100% boy, during my 18th week scan. Will it turn out to be girl?

diymummy

You can never be 100% sure until the baby is born really... A few of my colliqs their baby the gynae said confirm boy or girl but when born is opposite.

clearjade

If you want to be safe, maybe buy a few things in neutral colours like white, yellow, green etc instead of blue and pink. Then when your little one is born you can buy the rest in 'boy' colours :)

BeingSingle

think its 99% lah if obgyn says 100%..wow..the confidence. usually they say 80% unless you went thru a gender blood test. than its really 100%.
buy yellow. Yellow is really cute n nice. i like light pastel green too....unisex~

apollo

have u done ur detailed scan? before i did my detailed scan, my gynae said my baby most likely will be a boy and true enough, during detailed scan, i was told tt my boy is 99% boy as they could see his penis clearly. =)

jasobias

If the percentage given by dr is a 100% then i guess u can be rest assured.
He must have seen the baby genitals to confirm that.
Dont worry too much about it and start your preparations by shopping!!!

maneo0302

Hi BeingSingle, I only visited the gynea during my 18th week checkup. The gynea made an ultrascan. She looked in between the baby's legs and saw the tiny male organ. Then she took a picture and type 'boy' beside the organ. Cute ah. :)

apollo, i will be doing my detailed scan next Sat. Will double confirm the gender again. Hope mine is a prince.

apollo

i think detailed scan is more trustable. but since ur gynae said is 100%, then high chance u're having a baby boy. dont buy clothes 1st, we also wait until the detailed scan result is out den we immediately 'chiong' to get baby clothes. haha!

BeingSingle

hahahah....cute! look again at the ultrascan. if its 4 lines, it boy boy. if 3, its ger ger..mine is 3 lines..clearly 3... :)

BeingSingle

What do u mean by 3 lines or 4 lines? Where do I see the lines?
on the ultrasound pic, look in-between the legs. if girl, you will clearly see 3 white lines. if boy, its 4 white lines. if you dont have pic, next time ask your gynae for 1 with the lines showing.

maneo0302

Oh. I have the pic. its at home. But now i'm at work. Will look at it tonite. But I can't rem there's lines...
But will definitely search for it. Thanks BeingSingle!

keefu

Usually the male organs are more obvious than girl's so I reckon mostly should be boy... I had my baby's gender predicted by my gynae at 15th week plus cos happened to see his "bird bird" floating in the amniotic fluid during the check up, LOL...

If not meanwhile you can buy neutral clothing like white... Try not to buy too much yellow as I don't think it compliments asian skin, especially initially when babies got jaundice.

maneo0302

Hi BeingSingle, I have checked the photos again and couldn't see any lines. But I'm think of boy names anyway. :) Going for the detail scan on Sat. Yay!

lingx

hi! was just wondering.. these few weeks i love looking at pretty things like flowers or those pinky stuffs, and girls. but my gynae says im having a boy, only next wk reconfirm. im 5mths btw.. and funny thing is, i suddenly become feminine. usually i damn chorlor. like sit with leg on chair, or always cross my leg like u kno... those ah bengs..(imagine..) so what if become a girl and not boy? that time i saw the scan, i could see his really minute penis!

maneo0302

hi! was just wondering.. these few weeks i love looking at pretty things like flowers or those pinky stuffs, and girls. but my gynae says im having a boy, only next wk reconfirm. im 5mths btw.. and funny thing is, i suddenly become feminine. usually i damn chorlor. like sit with leg on chair, or always cross my leg like u kno... those ah bengs..(imagine..) so what if become a girl and not boy? that time i saw the scan, i could see his really minute penis!
When I'm having a boy, i like sweet food. my complexion is good like last time. and my tummy is round. many people thought i'm having a girl.

Mummy to Baby V

At 13 weeks scan, hubby and I saw our boy clearly with own eyes. The cute boy opened his legs super wide in a V shape to show us. Ha... So we're very sure.

hotmilktea

haha...same as my boy. saw his birdie at week 12 ! gynae say sld be a boy, but confirm at week 16 with us. then before we left his room, he say actually i am quite sure is boy ... hahaa :) but i tell u nx appt ok.

At 13 weeks scan, hubby and I saw our boy clearly with own eyes. The cute boy opened his legs super wide in a V shape to show us. Ha... So we're very sure.