gynea said my baby smaller than she should be

raoul

Hi mums,
i am 24 weeks 5 days now (counted by dates since my last menstruation), but when i did ultrasound yesterday my gynea said that the baby weight is only 632 grams, which is measured as 23wks 4 days.
she said the baby is smaller but nothing to worry, only i have to works on it harder, but how?
I gained weight normally, so far i already gained about 8 kgs. :confused:

pixie

It means you eat more....more healthy food to beef up the baby, especially so during the last 2 months of your pregnancy.

landy

try take more meat,fish,egg & veg, lesser rice intake ... baby need more nutrition food :) i gain total 13kgs in my pregnancy & my baby boy came out that time 3.9kgs... don't worry :) gambateh

raoul

thankx pixie & landie.
any recommendations for maternal milk? coz currently i am taking anmum, but last week suddenly i got diarrhea, so i stop it until now. i am just taking normal milk at the moment.

makarios

Hi mums,
i am 24 weeks 5 days now (counted by dates since my last menstruation), but when i did ultrasound yesterday my gynea said that the baby weight is only 632 grams, which is measured as 23wks 4 days.
she said the baby is smaller but nothing to worry, only i have to works on it harder, but how?
I gained weight normally, so far i already gained about 8 kgs. :confused:
When I was carrying my first daughter, at 24 weeks my gynae also said that the baby was not growing enough weight and my amniotic fluid was on the low side. He just asked me to lay down more and drink more water (for the amniotic fluid).

Was worried and went to a Chinese physician. Other than giving me chinese herbs to "bu" my body, she also prescribed durian eating for me. Not for enjoyment but to allow more fat to go to the baby. In order for me not to get pregnancy diabetes/high blood pressure, I was only to eat 2 to 3 durian seeds (not the whole durian) per seating twice every week.

My next appointment with my gynae has him surprised as the baby grew really well. I even went to 2nd detailed scan to see how she is doing. The detailed scan also showed that the baby and my amniotic fluid level of normal range. And she was born 40 weeks at 2.97kg.

So don't worry. Eat nutritiously and enjoy the pregnancy. I'm now carrying twins...my same gynae said that I may need to eat some durian in my later stage of pregnancy just to allow the twins to gain some weight (if they are not growing that well)...So last resort, durian...

cyberie

thankx pixie & landie.
any recommendations for maternal milk? coz currently i am taking anmum, but last week suddenly i got diarrhea, so i stop it until now. i am just taking normal milk at the moment.
You may try taking Friso Mum... it taste is quite ok.. and only need 1 cup a day.
Good for lazy ppl like me... :)

raoul

hi moms,
i am in 32 weeks now, just went for check up today.
based on the measurement, the baby's weight in 1.93 kgs & doctor said she grows normally, not too big & not too small :Dancing_tongue:
how about you all?? how you guys doing??

cyberie

hi moms,
i am in 32 weeks now, just went for check up today.
based on the measurement, the baby's weight in 1.93 kgs & doctor said she grows normally, not too big & not too small :Dancing_tongue:
how about you all?? how you guys doing??
Wah... ur bb is growing well.. congrats.. did drinking milk really helps??
will be seeing my gynea next week... will update then..

raoul

Wah... your baby is growing well.. congrats.. did drinking milk really helps??
will be seeing my gynea next week... will update then..
hi cyberie,
i think so, i drink milk everyday. not always materna milk, but i mix. sometimes i just take normal full cream milk, or soya bean or materna milk. i also love to eat fish now and then. & my all time fave is vanilla ice cream, hmmmmmmm indulgence :001_302:

mommytobe

Im taking similac mum. Its a little too sweet and lumpy even though i stir it with boiling water. Havent tried any other brands yet. So far soo good for me taking similac mum. Somehow i believe it helps my constipation. After i start taking similac mum since week 6, I had regular bowel movements (almost everyday) :)

cyberie

Im taking similac mum. Its a little too sweet and lumpy even though i stir it with boiling water. Havent tried any other brands yet. So far soo good for me taking similac mum. Somehow i believe it helps my constipation. After i start taking similac mum since week 6, I had regular bowel movements (almost everyday) :)
Read somewhere in the forum that for similac mum, need to dissolve in cold water first then add hot water... so that it will not be lumpy... give it a try.. hope it works..

I am taking Friso Mum... not lumpy even if i dissolve with warm water.. but ppl say taking maternal mum will put on alot of weight... wondering if it is true..

mommytobe

Read somewhere in the forum that for similac mum, need to dissolve in cold water first then add hot water... so that it will not be lumpy... give it a try.. hope it works..

I am taking Friso Mum... not lumpy even if i dissolve with warm water.. but ppl say taking maternal mum will put on alot of weight... wondering if it is true..
Hi Cyberie,
Thanks a lot for the info. I tried my similac mum this morning with the addition of cold water first before adding hot water. And it works. Very tiny amount of lump and easier to drink too :)

raoul

hi cyberie,
yes it is. i gain so fast after taking materna milk. i've tried few brands, but only ANMUM can get along with my digestion & bowel movement :001_302:. it's also supporting baby's grow.

andieluv2

i was.initially.worried.whn i went.for.ny 35.wk.scan.and my baby was still.below.2kg. but.in the.last.month.she.vroom and her.birth.weight was.almost.3.3kg. juz wanna.assure mother.to.be. not.to worry that baby.os.too small. towards the.last.month.they will.like almost double their.weight. my.doc told.me for.term baby(37-40wk) their weight.range.can be.from 2.4-4kg..so imagine.in 3wks time.baby can.gain.like.a.range.of 1.6kg!!.thats.amazing.isnt.it!!! as.long as.baby and mummy.is.healthy. thats.good enough. nothing ia.more impt than that..then.baby.come.out liao.u can.feed.them all.u want.to.make.them fat.and.chubby!! good.luck.

PeiPei A

thankx pixie & landie.
I've tried a few brands...
- Friso Mum gold, think taste ok, more sweet.
- I tried sample Enfamama Vanilla packet, quite nice. But I bought chocolate fav & find it has a little sour taste
- Now I'm trying similac mum, even more sour even than Enfamama :001_07:

Hi Cyberie,
Thanks a lot for the info. I tried my similac mum this morning with the addition of cold water first before adding hot water. And it works. Very tiny amount of lump and easier to drink too :)
Do you find that similac mum has a sour taste?
Wonder if the problem lies on me :p