Happy Bellies Food Pouches

tpyy

Hi mummies,

wondering if anyone tried the Happy Bellies Food Pouches? They come in beef stew / chicken / salmon / turkey...

How is the experience? Pureed meat sounds strange but I guess that's baby food... Does your baby take it well?

Thank you

Last edited:

gumbokins

Bought the salmon for my trip to HK.

Yes pureed meat is very weird hahahah! If i recall correctly, the salmon puree
was a bit sweet and sour? But my son ate it all, no complaints :)

whitecatz

I'm a fan :) I bought the chicken, turkey, beef and salmon to try and I much say the best tasting is the turkey. Really nice. My baby walloped all of it :D

tpyy

thanks for sharing mummies.

how often do you give the pouches or is it only during travelling, and how old is your bb?

I plan to buy because I dont think I want to puree meat myself :S blending meat is really strange for me. hahhaah..

So my plan is that it will be a good way to introduce some meat to baby between 6 mths and 1 yr - use pouches. After 1 yr I think I will do fine minced meat myself :)

gumbokins

I only bought them for our trip. If at home, y not make ur own? I cook chicken and fish, mixed with cooked rice and steamed veg and puree it. As he gets older, I dont puree so finely. But meat is not one of the first foods to introduce, as they r a little harder to digest. Normally one would start with plain purees like apples or pears, then the vegetables. The pouches are Stage 3 food, meant for older kids.

Google wholesome baby food for excellent tips and recipes :)