Harmony Test

mamaN

Hi there pretty_mum,

I'm a first time mum and I'm looking into Harmony Test now because my gynae said that it's a lot more accurate as it uses the baby's DNA in the mother's blood to screen for the trisomies (accuracy is > 99%!!). But I'm only worried about Down's syndrome as it's more prevalent. The Dr. said that results will come in around 10 days.

I've also been reading other forums and found out from SingaporeMotherhood that there's a price drop for Harmony Test starting this week. I think I will ask my gynae who is also from mt E about it. I'm so glad that they are making this test more affordable. My sister in law who also took this test last December said that her gynae advised her to choose this because of it's accuracy. Thank goodness my niece came out fine. But she paid around 2k for it.

Mrs G

Hi hi, I did the harmony test at 11 weeks. I'm 16 weeks now. Highly recommend this test in place of Oscar due to higher accuracy. I paid 1600 and yes you can know the results in 10 days time. I also get to know the gender of my baby at 11 weeks.

I did the Panorama test which is similar to Harmony and cheaper. I paid $1500 but some other places are doing it cheaper.

mamaN

There are so many tests out there! Don't know which to go to. Anyway, I read from other forums that KKH is holding a talk for the public about NIPT. It's on 7th Sept at 12 p.m. There's free lunch though but we need to pay $5 and register. The details can be found Event Detail - KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Hope this will help many mommies out there. Please spread the word around. I know many of my friends and family who are so confused over the many tests available. Good time for us to ask all the questions!

Donovan

When we had our baby boy, our doc told us we need to have the checks for Down syndrome n the different options available.

we went for Harmony as there was a price drop to $1,300. Test was sent to USA and back in about 10 days.

We got all the information we needed and the sex of baby.

Overall more accurate and less drama then Oscar which has a higher degree of error.