have you ever experience LH surge but no ovulation?

decoco

hi all, i need some help here on the OPK... have you ladies ever used the OPK and got a LH surge, but no ovulation?

reason why I think I did not ovulate is:

1) Started charting my temp from CD 15 and my LH surge is on CD17 but did not see any rise in temperature at all.. i know its too soon to tell first month trying to chart, but I just thought if I see a surge in OPK, shoulnd't the rise in temp be v easy to recognise?

2) Today is already DPO 21 and still no AF.. tested and got a negative on a preg test.. i know i'm not pregnant too cos don't feel anything going on as well..

quite upset that the OPK cannot be relied on if this is the case. As i've timed BD around that day... now it's giving me a false o day... also, wonder if this is something i should see a doctor about this LH surge but no O issue? trying for a bout 3-4 months now...

thepinkdot

sorry.. but this happened to me too.. i can get positive OPKs for a really long time in a cycle but no actual ovulation. however, you might wanna go see a doctor. to check if everything is ok and if your hormonal panel is balanced.

don't give up hope! i managed to get pregnant even being in such a case..

Hi , usually the LH surge will show 2 -3 days before your ovulation day.
mine took about 3 to 4 days, depend. I would like to know if your temperature got raise ? last time i don't have any LH surge but i have menses, even my temperature increase too .. weird. Now i did see LH surge , and also temp increase after 3 to 4 days.

26JMC

me lor. this is my 3rd cycle on taking pills to regulate mense. and i had tested high fertility on my fertility monitor for 1 week before peak fertility ( meaning ovulation) on day 26. i wonder when my mense will come for this time round. preharps was stressed out ba. :(

i called the clinic about it and she ask me to drop by quickly to see my gynae on this lor ... haiz.

muffinger

ladies.. can i ask if opk shows + means we will prob O in the next 12 -24 hrs , am i right? hence if i m using chart ..can i take it that my DPO 1 /2 starts the next 1-2 days ?

newbie35

hi. You can actually ovulate 3-4 days after the opk shows + or not ovulate at all. if not sure, i suggest check with your gyane. May recommend drug - clomid to stimulate ovulation.

muffinger

hi. You can actually ovulate 3-4 days after the opk shows + or not ovulate at all. if not sure, i suggest check with your gyane. May recommend drug - clomid to stimulate ovulation.

icic , thks. hence it will be best for me to seek a consulation w the gyane and from there he will decide if i shd need to comsume clomid? when is the best time to vist the gyane.eg how many days after af etc?

zaclin29

oh my! I always thought that if OPK shows + then I shld be ovulating :(
So means that I have to start charting to have a more accurate result?