Have you plan your Baby's future?

sofiawotson

Hello All,
Warm wishes to all who are / will expecting Babies in 2014, i am expected by sept,
I was just wondering if you have started planning for ur babies like his education, school, savings etc..
Please share your thoughts.

Marketoetr

Hello Sofia, I was tested positive 8 weeks ago and we are ecstatic as this is our first baby. As a new mom to be my mind has a lot of plans for my baby in the future that I can't hardly sleep thinking about them. Lol. However, I realized that those things can wait. My priority right now is to come in full term in healthy condition and give birth smoothly. The moment he/she is out we can start planning for his/her future.

sofiawotson

Hi,
Yes this is so true, the excitement is too much and i keep on thinking many plans and things i will do with my baby. But right now health is most important :).
Thanks for your tips .... :shyxxx:

Hello All,
Warm wishes to all who are / will expecting Babies in 2014, i am expected by sept,
I was just wondering if you have started planning for ur babies like his education, school, savings etc..
Hi Sofia, Saving Early = Saving Smart! With rising prices of education and inflation it would be helpful if you start saving as soon as possible. I have secured my kids future with Zurich Vista saving plans. It will be helpful for his education as well as wedding plans.

ast0212

Hi Sofia, nice name! My daughter is also Sofia heheh.

Honestly I didn't really plan until the last year when I had to enrol my son into kindy. We start school at 4 years old here and since I live 5 mins walk from a public school I always thought I'd send my kids there.
I did apply for a place at a private school about 10 mins drive away but after interviewing the principals of both schools, hubby and I felt more comfortable with the public school, they seemed more holistic and not overly focused on academics.

Plus fees made a big difference! Public school is $20 + $60 optional payment for the kindy year as opposed to $2500 + acceptance fee, levies and uniforms for the private school (totalling around $3500)!! This is in Australia, I don't know how fees are in Singapore.

But seriously don't stress about it until it is time. Take this opportunity to have fun with them and enjoy their childhood :)

Congrats!!!
my girl is currently 12mths.. and i bought the PruFirstgift from Prudential when iwasa abt 32wks preggie.. this is a plan that can only be taken up within certain period within pregnancy.. and it also helps cover mummy n baby at birth.. it is under my name and i can transfer it to my girl anytime since actually she is the real insured.. sorry as I cannot rmb the details..haha forget everything at childbirth!! but i rmb i buy coz i worry bb premature and incur high costs. this plan covers some of the stuffs of premature..

as for medishield..
n after bb turns 1mth.. i switch my medishield to aviva bcoz aviva has free child coverage till 20yr old as long as if both parents are in aviva.. save alot i think!!

Win Won

Hello All,
Hi sofiawotson,
How's yr planning coming along? I understand there's some insurance scheme that focus on child educations while parent pay for the premium over a period of time.
I will start to look into this soon as my EDD is nov!
Like you I think that saving for kids is impt for rainy days and education! :)

estralita

Hi everyone, my hubby is in Great Eastern. He has ensured that my daughter and my coming son has medical coverage and has savings too. If you like, he can also help you to plan for your baby's future. Drop me a pm if you are keen :) Hope your money planning goes well!

Babygirlwed2013

:) , my first child we did not have much of a plan. when my second child came we are more prepared.
i guess our focus was
a) how to communicate correctly. correctly means setting our expectations.
b) toys that we planned and lined up so that as our son grows older we improve his creativity, motor skills and self confidence.
if you are keen you may want to read the books on.
21 ways to communicate with your child who does not listen
https://payhip.com/b/BzpQ

21 types of educational toys for your child
https://payhip.com/b/xAd1