Have you started to wear maternity pants?

Hello!

Have you started to wear maternity pants? BB bump is not out yet but I heard it is better to keep the tummy area free from the tightness in jeans...

Do you think it is too early?

panpan

hey hey,

actually up till now i have not worn any maternity pants.. I'm in my 3rd tri btw. I just wear pants that are stretchy and 2 sizes up.

I was still wearing my pre-preggy jeans in my 1st tri.. and no1 knew i was preggy until i was in my 2nd tri. hehe.
Of course, i wouldn't recommend wearing pants that are too tight, but do dress what you feel comfortable in. =)

xiaodaisy

ya , its true .. keep ur tummy fm tightness cos firstly u urself will feel uncomfortable and at the later stage , sometimes wearing not loose enough might let the baby unable to turn to the birth position ..

if possible , why not ! wear to let urself comfortable .. if not , u can always wear flare dresses

arielc

hey hey,

actually up till now i have not worn any maternity pants.. I'm in my 3rd tri btw. I just wear pants that are stretchy and 2 sizes up.

I was still wearing my pre-preggy jeans in my 1st tri.. and no1 knew i was preggy until i was in my 2nd tri. hehe.
Of course, i wouldn't recommend wearing pants that are too tight, but do dress what you feel comfortable in. =)
hi panpan,

but if you wear normal pants, doesn't that mean you have to buy a few of different sizes? cos i think the maternity pants allows you to adjust the width right?

trying to see what's the best way... i'm still in first tri and also considering to buy maternity pants! or maybe i'll do dress all the way ;P

panpan

hi panpan,

but if you wear normal pants, doesn't that mean you have to buy a few of different sizes? cos i think the maternity pants allows you to adjust the width right?

trying to see what's the best way... i'm still in first tri and also considering to buy maternity pants! or maybe i'll do dress all the way ;P
Hm... i bought pants that got elastic bands de (i'm quite petite.. hehe), but you might wanna consider maternity pants (more ex in my opinion) coz can adjust width betta. For my case, i just pull the pants lower coz the tummy gets bigger. hahaha

Yes, can also wear dresses. heh.. i usually wear dresses to work too~~ =)
As what xiaodaisy says, flare dresses are pretty good~~
Just a tip, try to avoid dresses with side or back zips coz i find that they cannot stretch once my tummy gets bigger. I usually buy dresses that are lycra material so it's stretchy and can last longer.

JJ2011

Hi, sorry for disturb...
Do you have encounter these problems (bras n panties makes u uncomfortable)?
I wish to buy but dunno where to get? (I dun like to purchase it online)

panpan

Hi, sorry for disturb...
ah... my bra got really uncomfortable tight when i was abt 3 mth preggy... hahah

anyway, i got my maternity bras (w/o underwire) when i was in a baby expo and i got the sales person to help with the sizing (coz i was absolutely clueless that point of time). i got it from: The Birth Shop Maternity, Nursingwear and Accessories
While for underwear, i choose to wear normal underwear but i bought 2 sizes up when it got tight. hope this helps!

Birki

I'm halfway through my frst trimester but some of my regular work trousers and casual jeans are feeling tight and some can't even buckle up already. I invested in two things which helps me continue wearing my regular bottoms: (i) a belly belt; and (ii) a belly band. They work well for me and you can find it in most stores selling maternity wear. You can try those if you wish.

ast0212

I've only bought one pair of maternity pants but haven't worn them much yet as they are a bit too loose at the moment. With my first pregnancy I borrowed maternity clothes from a friend. Now I've been using the belly belt thingy to attach to my jeans. I might buy another pair of maternity pants or shorts if I need to since I seem to be carrying low like my first pregnancy and it does make it a lot more comfortable.

I guess it depends how you're carrying your baby in the belly. I've also heard of women who just buy bigger sized pants because it works for them, but it wouldn't work for me.

feathers

I'm halfway through my frst trimester but some of my regular work trousers and casual jeans are feeling tight and some can't even buckle up already. I invested in two things which helps me continue wearing my regular bottoms: (i) a belly belt; and (ii) a belly band. They work well for me and you can find it in most stores selling maternity wear. You can try those if you wish.
What's the difference between belly belt and belly band? Belly band is the one that look like corset without the wires and hold up the belly right?

engel

I thought belly band is a small rubber thing u attach to the jeans to extend the waistline and belly belt is to support a growing belly? Could b wrong though...:)

For my #1 Im mostly in my normal jeans as bump was small and high till the last mth...
# 2 was bigger so had to get maternity jeans during 2nd trimester...since I prefer skinny jeans, bought a couple of those and a couple of yoga pants from EGG... May cost abit more but damn comfy..:)

apollo

i think it depends.. my tummy was very small (as compared with other preggies mummies), during pregnancy and i could still fit into my pre-preg shorts and tops. so i only started to wear maternity pants at 7mth+ preg. I tried it b4 but was too loose though i got the smallest size.. as long as the pre-preg shorts is not tight until u will feel uncomfy, i think is okay to wear. =D

xiaodaisy

Hi, sorry for disturb...
i bought those cheap types only haha !

cos bra size will change after birth still , if get too exp later cant fit will be abit wasted

like walking thro the market , sometimes will have a stall to sell bras n panties , i just get those bigger sizes fm there

but if ur intend to bf , maybe u could get nursing bra as if bf-ing , the breast wont shrink back to normal size so fast , only till u stop bf-ing den will ..

JJ2011

i bought those cheap types only haha !

cos bra size will change after birth still , if get too exp later cant fit will be abit wasted

like walking thro the market , sometimes will have a stall to sell bras n panties , i just get those bigger sizes fm there

but if ur intend to bf , maybe u could get nursing bra as if bf-ing , the breast wont shrink back to normal size so fast , only till u stop bf-ing den will ..

Thx, xiaodaisy..
but, do u know any shop (to get nursing bra)?
do we need belly belt N belly band?

xiaodaisy

Thx, xiaodaisy..
but, do u know any shop (to get nursing bra)?
i bought mine on those shops like in amk central ,there will be some shops that only sell bra , i will ask and get there cos its more like no brand so it wont cost too exp , mine is rather on budget types , if wan betters one maybe go to those who purely sell maternity stuffs might have too .. sometimes online do sell too =)

belly belt & belly band i'm not very sure on that as i dont use them myself

however i guess , if working mom might have use if they dont invest too much on maternity clothes , some moms will invest on like few thousands of maternity clothes and i guess it will be more to get them thro the 10mths already ..

verieying

Thx, xiaodaisy..
but, do you know any shop (to get nursing bra)?
Hi mummies, I hv some preloved dresses and a belly and back support belt to let go. some of e dresses hardly worn. same for belt. willing to let go for $15-$30 bucks. if keen, pls. feel free to contact me soi can email u e pics. Thanks!

hv dumex mamil mama milk to let go at 5tins for $100 as I was given quite a few tins and I don't drink daily...
loose tins also can.
TIA!

Tannie

You can get it online, maternity shop (there are a few maternity shops at vivocity), kiddy palace and OG. Actually u not necessary need to get maternity wear, normal wear with baby doll cutting, stretchable or loose cutting will do...except for bottom then u will need to get maternity type.