Having a baby in sg, fees??? Plz advide needed!!

Ld1128

Hello, we are looking to move into singapore, my husband its a national but we have always lived overseas, im pregnant with our second baby and have no idea on how the process its in sg, specially the appoinment fees and i heard something about packages??? It seems to be a lot of hidden costs?!? We are now here for holidays and preparing to move in nov, my due date its feb, so plz any info u can give me ....thanx

Ld1128

Are you a PR? The fees may differs from status
No, im not, entering sg its very easy cuz i dont need visa, so everybody tells me that getting pr it will b an easy process for me, but still, we need to stay here for some time for that, and we are only coming in nov to deliver in feb, so i doubt that they give a pr in such a little time, i heard you get first a long term pass or stay, sorry, something like that, so ill b charged like the highest fees i guess.... But no idea of the actual numbers!!!

dunkatelic

Depending on hospitals. Appointment about 120 to 150 just normal scans.by doctor. don't expect detailed scanning. Non complicated natural birth about 3 to 4k. Complicated natural birth about 3.5 to4.5k. Csection definitely will hit 5k.

Ld1128

So it doesnt reach to 10 k?? I read something about that and i was shock about it, so much?? I had natural birth,no epidural with my first and everything worked out perfect, my recovery was so fast and i plan to do the same with this one, wich hospital do u recomend me?, i was very confident with my first delivery cuz back in middle east the have up to 10 children per family so doctors have a lot of practice if u know what i mean, but here they say not much rate of births so...how to find experiended doctors, also there the delivery its made by a midwife, the doctor only step in if there is complications wich i didnt have and that woman was amazing!! She assist you from minute one to the end, dont leave u a minute, do they have something like that here??? Thanx

littlehamster

I think u shld get one convenient to ur residence. Then again If costis not a problem, u can go anywhere Haha. One of the cheaper private hospital is Thomson Medical. U can check which doctor is good. Some have clinic at other location, so really to choose one nearby ur place

dunkatelic

The only hospital I wouldn't recommend is Thomson medical. The rest would b fine. Even the government hospitals are fine. Private ones I find mount Alvernia good. I gave birth in SGH as a a class patient. But since non compliated n I'm a nurse I have nth to ask the doctors haha. Depending on ur preference of doctors. If ur non fussy. Everywhere is about the same.