Headaches in 1st/2nd trimester

julymom

Hi ladies,

I am in Week 13 of my pregnancy right now and just started experiencing headaches I do not have a history of having headaches or migraines and was wondering some of you may be experiencing or have experienced something similar?

Overall, the headaches are bearable although there are times when I feel slight pounding in my head. I find that gentle neck and scalp rubs help and sometimes, a cold compress but are headaches common at all? I did some reading on the internet and apparently, some women do experience it especially in the 1st and 3rd trimesters and that you can take Panadol for relief. I have refrained from taking any medication so far and tomorrow, I'll be seeing my gynae. Hopefully I can find out more.

Rye

I also do not hv history of headaches nor migraine n had it for this 2nd preg. U can use peppermint oil n rub under your nose for relief.. I'm also pro natural n rather than take panadol the oil works but takes longer to relief than panadol... :)

julymom

I also do not have history of headaches nor migraine n had it for this 2nd preg. you can use peppermint oil n rub under your nose for relief.. I'm also pro natural n rather than take panadol the oil works but takes longer to relief than panadol... :)
Hi Rye,Thanks for your advice. My headaches seem to have suddenly gone away this last few days (as quickly as they appeared in the first place). I will have some peppermint oil on standby just in case! My gynae said there is nothing to worry about, headaches could be caused by heavier blood flow away from the head to the uterus. As long as your blood pressure is normal, then it's fine. I guess if you experience light headedness or feel generally weak, you should consult with your gynae. Hope your headaches go away soon. And I hope mine don't return!

Rye

7 weeks to go!! And no more headaches!! :p hehe! And hopefully no more falling sick! Getting tired of meds n coughing n nasal voice. =___=

cutegirl86

hi i would like to join this conversation. I am 7 weeks pregnant and my gynae prescibed me hormone pills (dydrosterone) to support pregnancy. Is it common with you guys also?

Rye

Yes... I took them for first preg due to bleeding. And 2nd as well. But only for first 3 months at most.

Rye

Oh yes reminder. Always tell your gynae abt your problems. Headache, nausea, light headed. Watever it may be even if u feel is trivial. Pls let the gynae know. If headaches intensify let the gynae know. :)

elsieyl

Hi Congrats to all happy mums to be. Is good to standby therapeutic peppermint and lavender essential oils from Young Living. Their products are chemical free. I know of one young lady who cannot even work cause throwing out whatever she eats, feeling sick with headache and cannot balance well while walking. She bought a diffuser and diffuse lavender alternate with marjoram and lemon essential oils at night to help her to sleep better. If face with leg cramps, apply a few drops of marjoram on areas of cramp. Good to drink 3 drops of lemon oil daily in a glass of water will boost yr immune system so that you will not fall sick so easily. YL essential oils are very potent and can be taken internally except for hormonal oils. Having headache, just put one drop of peppermint on to your palm. Use a bit to rub on both temples and back of neck. Rub the balance with both palms and inhale. After using YL therapeutic essential oils, you will not want to use other brands with chemicals and taking pain killer will do harm to your liver and kidney. Is good to consider buying a diffuser now before Haze comes to attack us. Last year demand for diffusers exceed supply and everyone selling diffusers mark up the price to sell. You can check it out at website Essential Oil Sg - Therapeutic Essential Oils Singapore, Effective Remedies for Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Hair Loss, Eczema, Flu, Fever, UTI, HFMD, Sinus, Weight Loss

Xelle

I also had headaches, especially first trimester. 2nd trimester eased out a little and now coming to third trimester, it's not so often. Hope yours is better already!

HellooBaby

I think it is pretty common for mothers in the 2nd trimester to experience giddiness and headaches. Just prepare some candies in your bag and pop them when you feel unwell. Hope that will make you feel better. I think there are other symptoms as well during 1st and 2nd trimester, can check out New Age Pregnancy's week to week pregnancy guide for some reference. :) Cheers