Hello to everyone who loves music as much as i do

pianojazzy

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and was invited by Edylie :)

I am a piano teacher so mummies, if you have any problems with learning piano, do feel free to ask me ya:Dancing_wub:

firewood

Hey piano, glad to see u here as well.

I know piano from another forum where she gives free advices to those parents whose children has difficulties and problems learning piano

I have been a silent follower of that thread. After reading pianojazz's replies and her blog, i have been contemplating if i should ferry my kids to her place(bedok) for a free trial lesson as we resides at bukit panjang. Over the weekend, i have decided to give it a try (anyway it's free and the most, we just have to ferry the kids there)

I would like to say i am total impressed with her and her teaching. I know my kids are those very difficult to handle expecially when they are together. But she simply has no difficulties coping with them. What impressed us the most is, after the lesson, my kids wanted us to buy a piano immediately and they showed so much interest in learning piano. Being parents, my hubby and I were so happy and decided to ferry our kids every week.

Reason being, before trying out pianojazz's trial lesson, my kids went to another teacher for trial lesson too. Though the teacher is nearer and charges cheaper, it turns out to be disastrous. Immediately after the lessons, my girl was crying and told us she doesn't want to learn piano anymore. (that is also one of the reason why i am contemplating to trying out at pianojazz's)

For both trial lessons, I requested to be sitted in. Pianojazz's teaching method is really different from the previous teacher. She is also very very patient and can click very well with my kids. I can see that she is very systematic and knows what she is doing.

Hence, my hubby and i discussed and concluded that there might be a lot of teachers out there but good teachers or those who can click with our children are not easy to find (ke3 yu4 bu4 ke3 qiu2)

Another thing that impresses me is that, i called her after the lesson and ask her about buying pianos. She is so patient, telling me the differences between asian and european piano etc. But since my husband insist on Yamaha piano only, i requested her to check for me.

She is very efficient and call me back a while later. She can get a better price for me (save about 1k)as she has friends working in yamaha. Not only that, she even check about the next sale. It is only 1 and a half months later which i can save another 1k. Really impressed with her.

Not only that, she suggest that i should wait for another 1 and a half month for the sale, she even offer to let my kids stay longer at her place(about 15 min per child) for them to practice since we do not have a piano yet. With so many students she has on hand, she is still willing to squeeze out some time for my children to practice. What else can i say

She even encourage my children to perform in her upcoming student's recital in Nov. She said, though they just started, but if by then they can play a couple of tunes, just let them have some exposure. It will be very beneficial to the children. I believe so too and my children are also very happy about it.

I am not related to her and don't earn anything out of this. But just that after a bad experience, and found a good teacher, i believe i should share with others. I do believe a lot of parents faced the same thing too like having a bad experience or some not once only.

Last edited:

firewood

Not only that,

After having a few lessons with pianojazz, i really recommend her. My friend's dd also started with her and also has lots of praises. She switched a teacher and finds that pianojazz is really different with her ex teacher. My friend's dd used to hate lessons and always don't wan to go for lessons and cry during lessons. After starting with pianojazz, she totally changes her attitude towards learning piano and looking forward to have lesson with her every week. So are my children. They are so interested and keep bugging me to get them a piano. Being a parent, this is what we wanted most. Don't you agree?

Also, pianojazz showed me her recent students' exam results. OMG, they did so well and one even got high scorer and is invited to the high scorer concert organise every year by abrsm to perform. Really impressed.

For those parents who think is very far, i am sure u will benefit like me if you are willing to send your children over to her. What matters most is the children can do well and get something out of it rather then to have a lousy teacher and waste money and time right? Like my friend's dd. After all, you won't regret the investment of time and effort made. No parent will think that they wish they have not spend so much effort giving their children such a wonderful gift. Am i right? :red:

Endoh

Alpha Male
Hello pianojazzy,

I'm new here too. What do you think of people learning piano in adulthood? Do you get a lot of these learners?

(Ex-woodwinder & percussionist)

pianojazzy

Yes i do have quite a couple of them in my 10 years of teaching but they usually stop about 6 mths later. Reason being no time etc.

Only 2 continued :)

Endoh

Alpha Male
Ah I see... just heard the possibility that picking up piano in adulthood is much tougher. Particularly finger movement... never tried myself though.

hello all music lovers,

i will definitely take up piano lessons for myself and my girls too.. i did some Yamaha when i was a kid and played the basic Pianica in primary school and lurved Clarinet when i was in sec sch and a lil bit more on Keyboards in late teens.. My DH played some guitar too..

i so miss playing and makin' music ..

i indulge my girls with loads of silly dancin' and our very own 'rock concerts' at home..

oh we love going to the parks for free concerts and performances at the esplanade too.. hey maybe we can call meet for a performance one of these days?

cheerios!

pianojazzy

Hey, thats great. I do organise a recital every year for my students to perform on a more formal basis. This year its on the 11th Nov at YMS.

If you are willing to come, do let me know n i can give you more details ya:)