Help! 22 weeks pregnant and Brown Spotting

babycow

Yesterday I had brown spotting after 3 hours' shopping on the day before. The discharge is pink first and turns brown now, without pain or any other symptoms.

I am already 22 weeks pregnant and never experienced abnormal discharge before during pregnancy. So worried that I went to see the Doctor this morning. The baby is fine and everything seems ok. But the brown spotting still continues and I don't know when it will stop. Has anyone experienced this case? Do I need to see doctor again? Thanks for advice :)

a.lin

Hi babycow,
I experience something similar too at week 20. First started with spotting of blood and then it turn brown. Went to see my gynae, he say because my placenta is quite low thats why bleed. And after scanning baby is fine. My gynae mentioned that the brown discharge is old blood. So will get lesser and lesser as after few days. If it doesn't get lesser or you start to spot bright blood discharge then need to see doc again.

M&M

Yesterday I had brown spotting after 3 hours' shopping on the day before. The discharge is pink first and turns brown now, without pain or any other symptoms.

I am already 22 weeks pregnant and never experienced abnormal discharge before during pregnancy. So worried that I went to see the Doctor this morning. The baby is fine and everything seems ok. But the brown spotting still continues and I don't know when it will stop. Has anyone experienced this case? Do I need to see doctor again? Thanks for advice :)

check with your gynae again if you are worried. at least they r professionals n can give u better check and guidance. give yourself peace of mind. :twink:

babycow

Thank you a.lin and M&M .:Dancing_tongue:

Fortunately the brown discharge has stopped yesterday.My gynae said the position of my placenta is normal and no need to worry about it. I think maybe I walked too long without rest. After I've got bed rest for 2 days and now everything is okay la. Many thanks to both of you.:001_302:

M&M

Thank you a.lin and M&M .:Dancing_tongue:

Fortunately the brown discharge has stopped yesterday.My gynae said the position of my placenta is normal and no need to worry about it. I think maybe I walked too long without rest. After I've got bed rest for 2 days and now everything is okay la. Many thanks to both of you.:001_302:
u r most welcome darling. dun walk too long without rest next time. if go shopping, remember to take occassional rest. glad that everything is ok! :Dancing_wub:

Mrs Han

Hihi...

I also experienced brown discharge since last nite till today. Also had some lower ab cramps too... And all these came after I went for my 20 wk detailed scan just yesterday morning!

I've emailed my gynae to ask if it's a cause for concern though there's no reply yet. Usually will your gynae tell u if u got low lying placenta?? Mine didn't tell me anything....

pigletif

Hihi...

I also experienced brown discharge since last nite till today. Also had some lower ab cramps too... And all these came after I went for my 20 wk detailed scan just yesterday morning!

I've emailed my gynae to ask if it's a cause for concern though there's no reply yet. Usually will your gynae tell u if u got low lying placenta?? Mine didn't tell me anything....
hi hi , i also have low lying placenta. my gynae got explain the detail scan to me. but he say should have enough space for the baby to grow until the delivery.

shiseru

I'm almost to 19th weeks. This morning, I have some light brownish discharge when I went to the toilet.

I called KK TPS, and nurse said if brownish, they are not too worried but if reddish than must be addressed immediately. I was told to rest and monitor the situation but if I am concerned about the discharge, I might want to consider going down to 24 hours KK clinic to check up.

Wonder if this should be of any major concern? :wefrown:

izanyzam

I have been experiencing brown spotting since my 8th week of pregnancy..First time when i noticed it,i went to my family GP who told me that the spotting could be caused by my low placenta..But when i asked my gynae about it,he told me not to worry as the placenta will normally grow upwards as the pregnancy progresses..But ever since the start of my pregnancy,ive been having a lot of discharge,again gynae assured me that its normal..

My spotting worsens after i walk a lot..I guess the normal cause of it is low-lying placenta as well as if u exert yourself too much..But its better to consult your gynae to give yourself that extra assurance..Walking is ok..But remember to stop yourself often and sit down for a while before continuing.. :001_302:

shiseru

Hey thanks izanyzam,

I noticed the brown discharge is only every morning after I wake up, subsequent toilet visit, I did not experience such discharge. It's light brown but becoz it looks like period's gonna end kinda color, so it somehow freak me out.

I feel the baby movement so i did not consult my gynae. Low-lying placenta huh... hmm.. perhaps I will ask the gynae next week when I visit her.

izanyzam

Hey thanks izanyzam,

I noticed the brown discharge is only every morning after I wake up, subsequent toilet visit, I did not experience such discharge. It's light brown but becoz it looks like period's gonna end kinda color, so it somehow freak me out.

I feel the baby movement so i did not consult my gynae. Low-lying placenta huh... hmm.. perhaps I will ask the gynae next week when I visit her.
Hi shiseru..Yah my spotting was due to my low-lying placenta..Hopefully that's NOT the case for you yah...Take care and have lots of rest babe..!! :001_302:

paul

Hi ppl, I have low lying placenta... and have been having brown dicharge for a few mths.. I didnt even know it was serious ... so yest we went see doc .. doc gave me 3 wks bed rest and medicine ... Anyone with similar problem ? Bed rest is booring ...