help, any recommendations for delayed speech therapist?

dawn

hi, my 19mth-old dear son is facing a bit of a delay in his speech development, and i am quite concerned given i have not heard him mutter even "mama" or "papa" yet! :eek: It is particularly worrisome as he is not short of stimulation, almost perfectly understands what we say and has no hearing issues...

does anyone know of any good therapist for an early assessment?

the queue at the child devt unit in Kandang Kerbau Hospital is unbelievable!

grateful for any advice...

Last edited:

uddermummy

hi, my 19mth-old dear son is facing a bit of a delay in his speech development, and i am quite concerned given i have not heard him mutter even "mama" or "papa" yet! :eek: It is particularly worrisome as he is not short of stimulation, almost perfectly understands what we say and has no hearing issues...

I still feel that it's better to go to therapists attached to hospitals. My nephew had prob speaking clearly and my bro took him to see a pte therapist. The therapist said that my nephew was perfectly fine even though my nephew was slurring his words.

In the end, they took him to a hospital (KK i think) and they found that he had prob with his hearing that was causing him to slur. :(

ping26

The queue at NUH, which belongs to the National Healthcare grp, is shorter! NHG polyclinics - AMK, Yishun, Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Welcome to NHG Polyclinics

If yr child has delays in other areas, you may wish to check out Welcome to Centre for Enabled Living

PM me if u want a list of therapists in private practice.
The going rate for pte speech therapy is abt $100-150+/hr

take care,
Ping26